Sign in to follow this  
ap1

Messaging Asobo

Is there a way to message Asobo to tell them to try to add TOD location and fix the autopilot and VNAV systems?  Hopefully these are some of the priorities.  Not everyone wants to get payware aircraft.  X-Plane 11 default 737 had a working VNAV and decent autopilot, so Asobo should be able to be as good or slightly better in the default airliners.  I hope they’re listening.

Betatesters have a means to report issues and you can be sure they have been reporting all this for some time. However, we'll have to leave it to Asobo to prioritize work. If you look at the latest Development Roadmap, you will read "Autopilot Bugs - IN PROGRESS". 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'd just add don't expect payware functions with default aircraft.

It's been reported already.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Messaging Asobo?

Try the FAQ tab from the main MSFS web page!
From there You can submit your request.

Edited by RamonB
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'd just add don't expect payware functions with default aircraft.

It's been reported already.

Fully aware and not necessary to have payware quality. If it’s X-Plane default aircraft quality I’m very happy with it.  That means a working FMS that allows entering of altitudes and speeds and follows it with VNAV with the TOD distance listed in the FMS.  And of course flight model and autopilot bug fixes to have it fly better.  That is good enough to me.  

Edited by ap1
  • Like 1

Hello magenta followers! 🙂 Try the dark side! TOD(miles)=((current altitude - target altitude)/1000)*3

• Like 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Hello magenta followers! 🙂 Try the dark side! TOD(miles)=((current altitude - target altitude)/1000)*3

Yep lol.  I have actually done that quite a bit with the default 737 in FSX.  Few years in fact.  I programmed the SID and STAR waypoints in the default GPS through Plan-G and used that formula to get rate of descent and distance to start down.  I then checked my profile every thousand feet.  I got pretty good at it but it does take some work to make sure I’m still on the right path and don’t drift off much.

Edited by ap1

Actually I am curious who in this forum actually is a MS / ASOBO employee. Maybe they will reveal themselves after release? 😉

Would be a great way to interact with the community.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, ap1 said:

That means a working FMS that allows entering of altitudes and speeds and follows it with VNAV with the TOD distance listed in the FMS.  And of course flight model and autopilot bug fixes to have it fly better.  That is good enough to me.  

I'd call that functioning like payware if it were me (exception is the really nice zibo mod).  I'm just saying I wouldn't expect this functionality from a default aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

28 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'd call that functioning like payware if it were me (exception is the really nice zibo mod).  I'm just saying I wouldn't expect this functionality from a default aircraft.

As I said X-Plane 11 default without Zibo has that.  However you could be thinking I’m saying to have the very in-depth functions of the VNAV system such as VNAV speed, path etc.  In which case no.  X-Plane default allows entering speeds and altitudes in the FMS and lets you specify a descent angle like 3 degrees for example.  It works fine.  If you think that’s payware I disagree.  I personally think default aircraft quality should be a little better than FSX and at least have that level of automation which X-Plane default has.  Study level to me goes quite beyond that.

Edited by ap1

I'm just trying to drop you a hint about how the MSFS default planes are.... that's all.  They look beautiful on the outside no question!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |