Sign in to follow this  
TASCHMANN

MSFS EULA AGREEMENT AVAILABLE?

Is there any way to read over the EULA for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 before making a purchase decision?

• Like 1

I dunno, he may have a good point.

I... don't wanna think about it. 😄 

Hook

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It's just that I read something to the effect that it contained some very unusual and invasive provisions that folks may not be aware of.

Edited by TASCHMANN

36 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

Is there any way to read over the EULA for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 before making a purchase decision?

Yup. I as far as I'm aware, there is. Sort of...

When I bought it, there was an email I received which came at the point where I was going to be charged for the product, I read the EULA, and it had an agree/disagree option. If I had disagreed, I am assuming I'd then be entitled to apply for the funds not to be taken, i.e. effectively get a refund and not go ahead with buying it

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I guess what I'm really referring are the "Apps Permissions" that MS requires at the Microsoft Store in order to buy the sim.  Seems like pretty much total control of your PC *must* be turned over to them before they will sell you the product.  Am I getting this right?

Here is the language from Microsoft itself

"Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs, and registry: The app has the ability to read or write to all your files (including documents, pictures, and music) and registry settings, which allows the app to make changes to your computer and settings. It can use any peripheral devices that are either attached or part of your device (such as cameras, microphones, or printers) without notifying you. It also has access to your location, and can use platform features, such as  location history, app diagnostics, and more, which are denied to most Store apps. You can't control most of the permissions for this app in Settings"

Edited by TASCHMANN

I run windows 10... i thought I already gave them that permission.

• Upvote 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

This is really the reason why I consider to use Microsoft for apps that I necessary need. I already switched partly to Linux. Most likely I am gonna use Win 10 only for MSFS and Adobe stuff and transfer every other application (open source) to Linux.

So this way, that would - at least not have any access to my personal data. Even if you surf the web while flying in the sim, you could install a virtual maschine and to the surfing on linux...

@Wewk584

I don't think you'll find that language in the Windows 10 licensing agreement.

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

I dunno, he may have a good point.

I... don't wanna think about it. 😄 

Hook

When the FBI knocks on your door because you were spotted circling Mar-a-Lago for hours in a suspicious fashion, you might be glad you had read the EULA beforehand. 😁

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I would think, open source software doesn't?!

It has to. How can software not alter any files? The whole point of software is  to alter files. If you download a flight simulator it needs to operate within windows, it needs to be able to insert, read and write files. Same with MS Paint, same with everything you install on a computer?!

5 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

It has to. How can software not alter any files? The whole point of software is  to alter files. If you download a flight simulator it needs to operate within windows, it needs to be able to insert, read and write files. Same with MS Paint, same with everything you install on a computer?!

I for my part am not bothered with that. Of course it has to. However, there is no reason (without permission) to tranfer personal or non-personal data to some servers...or analyze my behaviour, if I don't want to.

Haven’t we been told all throughout p3d/fsx days to install (and run) the main programme and 3rd party addons with administrator privileges turned on, what’s the difference, as it stands at the minute some addons even require to turn off our anti virus, 

Edited by stephenbgs
  • Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10