Sign in to follow this  
snomhf

P2A is messed up tonight

Hi Dave,

I have had some of these problems before but tonight it seems I'm having ALL the problems!   Thought I'd better report it this time.

The first thing I noticed is there is no sectional chart.   This has been a server off-line issue in the past.   Maybe that is the source of most or all of my problems??

Several times it semi-connects.  I get the first green text line but not the other two.   I had to close the program and restart several times before it would connect.   Seems much more problematic than I can ever recall before.

P2A doesn't seem to know where I am.   The frequencies show an airport I'm not even at or none at all.   Keep disconnecting-connecting and restarting,  things keep changing.

Comms come and go.   "Radio check" is unanswered, I disconnect-reconnect and it comes back for a minute or two then goes silent again.   Seems there is a lot of misunderstanding too, way more than normal.  When it does work, I get a pretty lame response like:  Me:"Seven Whiskey Alpha Inbound RNAV Approach Runway 19R"   Tower: "Roger Radar Contact"

I have had all these problems from time to time and reconnecting usually fixes it.   This time,  I believe I'm having every single problem I ever get all at the same time!   I've just turned P2A off as it is unuseable at the moment.

Could the server be causing all of this?

This just doesn't seem to be my night to fly.   Finally just turned it off to watch baseball.   Sigh!!

thanks

-mark

I've emailed you my log file

Edited by snomhf
add log file

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

The lack of VFR Sectional map appears to be a server issue.  I'm also unable to bring them up.

The rest of what you describe could be a problem with connecting and disconnecting from the SIM.  If you're using the latest X-Plane Beta, maybe there is something there causing the problems.

The log you sent only has you connecting, no flight plan filed, requesting the approach (without vectors) and being told to squawk 1200.  Without an IFR flight plan, that's what I would expect to happen.

You might want to try a flight using the released version of X-Plane instead of the beta to be sure that is not the cause of the problems.

Dave

Thanks for the advice Dave.  Maybe the beta is the problem though I can't say I've noticed that particularly.   I have been seeing all these problems off and on really since the beginning.   They just all decided to attack at the same time last night.   

Thanks for looking at this!

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

Update...

Tried the same flight today.   No sectional.  No KLAS frequencies in the Frequencies Window (just the one Center) when I get close.  ATC falling silent.  Something has definitely happened since yesterday to mess up P2A.

I've been working on the Sectionals today and they just started working for me, so they should work for you.  It was a problem with the server.

I moved the aircraft to KLAS (on the ground, not flying) and all the KLAS frequencies are showing up.

It sounds like something might be corrupted (program or data), especially since it used to work.  You can try installing a fresh copy of the full program to a new folder and see if that fixes things.

Dave

Good idea Dave.  Thanks.   I'll try that as something definitely happened sometime this weekend.

I appreciate the effort you put into this!

<S>!

I'm back to working again!

I had forgotten that we had a power outage last Friday night.   It happened while I was flying so my machine of course lost power.   Apparently that must have damaged P2A.   I reinstalled the program (saved off all my xml files after verifying that they were ok) and I'm back to working properly now.

I am really slipping!  I usually put two and two together better than this.   Can't believe I had forgotten about the power outage since it took me forever to get my generator started.

Thanks Dave for your help.   Sorry I bothered you about something I should have been able to fix on my own.

-mark

Edited by snomhf