Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

After watching this..(EGPH-EGPN)

For years i have flown very little else than FSL A320 and PMDG NG and 748F but after watching this am happy to start putting all that aside to enjoy flights like this.

Its breathtaking. The lighting, the weather, the views the atmosphere its all another world.........and the rain fronts.......The best video I've watched.

Its could take a long time to just enjoy the UK.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 21

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This is the frist sim where I can actually fly VFR! 

Airliners were the only thing I could bring my self to fly in the old days because everything only looked good at FL350.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm with you all the way, @Nyxx! I too have been flying tubeliners and the heavies (also enjoyed the Concorde from FSL a lot!), and up untill recently one of the few things I wished for was a proper a380 😄 

Now, I'm just really excited to get the opertunity to see the world, and do so while flying. Going high and fast is not the name of the game for me going forward. Of course, I bet you I will be among the first in line when PMDG releases their jets for MSFS, but that is probably still a good way away. And I don't mind at all!

• Like 4

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Squirrels NIGHT VFR flight video over London is also stunning. 😍

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 4

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Also, flying in groups will be really fun. Everyone sees the exact same clouds in Live multiplayer mode. And the positioning of the other planes in the air are buttery smooth. Just mind blowing.

• Like 2

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

For years i have flown very little else than FSL A320 and PMDG NG and 748F but after watching this am happy to start putting all that aside to enjoy flights like this.

Its breathtaking.

Completely agree!

I've spent a pretty penny on getting TrueEarth and other ortho sceneries with additional 3D object packs into my P3D to cover Western Europe and Western USA.

I liked what I've achieved in P3D, but still spend the majority of my time climbing high in airliners.

When I'm ready to buy it, I'll be doing the opposite in MSFS (as it does VFR a lot better), that is, spending the majority of my time doing low and slow in MSFS.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, MaVe64 said:

Also, flying in groups will be really fun. Everyone sees the exact same clouds in Live multiplayer mode. And the positioning of the other planes in the air are buttery smooth. Just mind blowing.

That is fantastic. So the clouds are actually server side so everyone sees the exact same thing? I was wondering how they do that. Another, less spectacular option, would have been to let each pc interpret, calculate and render, but that wouldn't make sense in multiplayer. On another video I saw that the airport traffic and cars on the streets are produced locally, so the cars I see are not the cars you see. Which is perfectly ok! 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Lets have some VFR expirenced pilots out here giving us some nice flying tips/spots like you just did David 😀

I love watching the Icon A5 atm on youtube channels for some lake /water destinations

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Its breathtaking. The lighting, the weather, the views the atmosphere its all another world.........and the rain fronts.......The best video I've watched.

And to think, this just scratches the surface. The Paradigm is changed (at last!)

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

9 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

And to think, this just scratches the surface. The Paradigm is changed (at last!)

It's a whole new world. 😄  Well, simulated at least.

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I think you guys mean Pilotage & Dead Reckoning http://wiki.flightgear.org/Pilotage_and_dead_reckoning#:~:text=Pilotage is the art of,and an initial known position because VFR is possible on all current flight sims. I even flew VFR in my favorite sim of all-time; Flight Unlimited II & III back in the 90s. That will change next Tuesday.

Plus, I doubt that most simmers are going to keep their distance from those beautiful clouds. 

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sadly the runway he used for the take off from egph no longer exsists and has not been operational  getting on for 2 years. So this begs the question on how up to date some default airports might be

Edited by mazelda
  • Like 1

Pete Little

Besides the fact that this is a great video i get the impression that his clips are a lot smoother than most of the others. What is his secret though? 😛

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Once more you express my feelings exactly.

I have been an FSL addict in P3D but right now I'm not even bothered by the quality of the default A320 or when an A320 addon will arrive.

I will be busy flying GA aircraft anyway for months to come.

• Like 3