Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Is a Microsoft Account Necessary?

Hi everyone 

I have ordered the Disc Version of Microsoft Simulator and wondered if anyone knows if you have to create a Microsoft account in order to install and run the simulator or will it be similar to the FSX installation with a Product ID number inside the box?  

I really do hope I do not need to create an unnecessary account just to run the sim 

Cheers 

Paul  

30 minutes ago, Paul_ said:

Hi everyone 

I have ordered the Disc Version of Microsoft Simulator and wondered if anyone knows if you have to create a Microsoft account in order to install and run the simulator or will it be similar to the FSX installation with a Product ID number inside the box?  

I really do hope I do not need to create an unnecessary account just to run the sim 

Cheers 

Paul  

Q: Is it required to sign in to a Microsoft Account to play outside of Xbox One and Windows 10?
A: Yes, it is a requirement.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ

• Upvote 1

Semper Fi 

29 minutes ago, Paul_ said:

Hi everyone 

Cheers 

Paul  

Because you will need to communicate with MS servers for online scenery streaming, so I think, that MS account will be necessary. But we must wait to 18. august 🙂

Hi and thank you for this information 

Ok .. I do have an existing hotmail account .. will I be able to link it to this or will it have to be a brand new fresh account? 

Paul 

I think like most modern games now MSFS will phone home periodically, to keep it active.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Dont you use Windows 10? Then you should already have an MS account.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

I use a gmail account for my MS account.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

40 minutes ago, VBHB said:

I use a gmail account for my MS account.

gmail and ms are polar opposites.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, Paladin2005 said:

Let's stop beating around the bush here, a hotmail account is not going to cut it unless it's a live log in. You will need a MS account with a W10 2004 activated.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

How to create a Microsoft Account:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com. Choose "Create a Microsoft account"

2. Enter a valid email address. You can use any email address you have (gMail, HotMail, and whatever)

3. Enter a password.

4. Enjoy having completed this quick and simple and hassle-free process. You may award yourself with a nice cold beer if you want.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

How to create a Microsoft Account:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com. Choose "Create a Microsoft account"

2. Enter a valid email address. You can use any email address you have (gMail, HotMail, and whatever)

3. Enter a password.

4. Enjoy having completed this quick and simple and hassle-free process. You may award yourself with a nice cold beer if you want.

All ready poured  ..... thank you Jacques  🙂

7 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

I use Windows 10 via Local Account, because, nobody else uses my rig and therefore I don´t see any benefits putting my stuff to cloud.

Google Apple FB already have your info and contacts stored in the cloud.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg