Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

I Did It!

You know the saying: you can't cross a chasm in two steps. I feel that a new era in flight sim is just around the corner. So why hang on to the old stuff?

Deleted P3D4 and all addons from my PC.

• Like 12

Gee, I hope none of the stuff you deleted could be used in MSFS.

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

So why hang on to the old stuff?

I listened to some new music on Spotify today, but for some reason that didn't make me feel a need to run down and throw my CD collection into the trash bin...

• Like 28
  • Upvote 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

My P3d is gone, but only because my Windows install destroyed itself and I haven't re-installed yet. I most likely will, even after MSFS comes out. Just haven't had the time or inclination.

I remember when FS5 came out, the new graphics were *awesome* (for the day). A major upgrade from the wireframe uglyfest that was FS4. Might even have been as big of a leap as MSFS is from P3d/FSX. I spent a lot of time in it the first two weeks, but then went back to FS4 for a lot of my simming, because all my stuff was there and FS5 didn't have anything available for it yet.

I fully expect I'll be doing that here, too. After all, PMDG is developing for MSFS, but it's not done yet and I am going to want to fly something complex at least every once in awhile.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You know the saying: you can't cross a chasm in two steps. I feel that a new era in flight sim is just around the corner. So why hang on to the old stuff?

If only all break ups were that easy...

11 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I listened to some new music on Spotify today, but for some reason that didn't make me feel a need to run down and throw my CD collection into the trash bin...

CD's? I still have some LP's

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

25 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I sold my CD collection decades ago.....When I finished graduate school I sold every single one of my books....I make clean breaks, and I never look back. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Bit previous isn't it? I know the forthcoming sim is all shiny, but it ain't even out yet and it doesn't have everything P3D, or even FSX, can offer.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

33 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I never look back. 

I used to do that, but then I reversed my car into a lamppost. 🤣

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

Gee, I hope none of the stuff you deleted could be used in MSFS.

Hook

Yeah, easy OP.

I'm busy archiving every SimObject, own-made scenery, etc to a separate drive to see if I can get to work pulling old stuff in to new. Why? because the new sim ain't got helicopters, Aircraft Carriers, AV-8Bs, etc, to name just a few things that I view as essential prerequisites for my simulator activities...

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

I did this about 2 years ago to fly XP exclusively...I

Orbx (Global, Vector, landclass), Active Sky / Rex, GTN 750 module...etc...it all went. I haven't looked back.

Just looking forward to a newer convincing sim without all of the addon hassles.

• Like 4

I did this a long time ago. Trader her in for a much nicer looking model in X-Plane 11.

My version of P3D sits unloved. Spend its time, downing the whisky and wondering what it did wrong?  If you just performed better would it still, if its FPS's were just a little higher would it still be used. The way its looking, XP11 will be joining her very soon.

• Like 3

Got rid of them weeks ago, as I've been fortunate enough to have hands-on time with MFS. I respect both platforms, I really do but I'm so ready to move onto a fresh, modern and coherent experience, even if that means flying default planes for a few weeks or months. I obviously understand why people keep them around, do their commercial flying and whatnot but I'm just looking for the occasional VFR experience to begin with, then seeing and being part of the platform evolving into an amazing experience that serves every flight sim need. 

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB