Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

I Did It!

P3D looks tired, ragged, old, it's in the ICU, being kept alive by a bunch of addons, just to make it look reasonably modern. It's based on decades old code. 

I look forward to having a fresh sim, it's an entire new building not just a new coat of paint on a rotten downtown flop house. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's based on decades old code. 

So is MSFS, actually.  You'd be amazed at how much FSX DNA is in MSFS.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, Chock said:

The little man inside the CD player shines a torch at the CD and it reflects a manuscript onto his tiny music stand. He holds the torch in his mouth with his teeth, then picks up his tiny instruments and plays the song.

-sigh- 7 days 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

33 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

P3D looks tired, ragged, old, it's in the ICU, being kept alive by a bunch of addons, just to make it look reasonably modern. It's based on decades old code. 

I look forward to having a fresh sim, it's an entire new building not just a new coat of paint on a rotten downtown flop house. 

It's funny how so many rush to call time of death on the existing stuff as soon as something shiny and new comes out. It wasn't that long ago that P3D v4 was being hailed as the "the future". Looks like its time as the future lasted just over three years. Fate and flight simmers are so fickle...

I suspect that until PMDG, FSLabs and A2A have products ready to go for MSFS, the drips and monitors won't be needed for P3D just yet.

Edited by Holdit
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

P3D looks tired, ragged, old, it's in the ICU, being kept alive by a bunch of addons, just to make it look reasonably modern.

And MSFS is the child of FSX, in the nursery, inmature.
And MSFS will need most of those addons to even survive as a simulator..

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, LHookins said:

So is MSFS, actually.  You'd be amazed at how much FSX DNA is in MSFS.

Hook

It just shows you how clueless some simmers are when it comes to the new sim.

What we really have here is just another platform that will require 3rd party development in order to fully mature.

At one point I thought that legacy support would be included. Can you imagine if we could just drop the Realair Turbine Duke into the Airplane folder? 

It's because of A2A and Realair that P3D v4 will have to stay on my computer for a little while longer.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm going to see how 2020 runs on my sons pc, If it's a go, I will use what he has as a basis to build mine. That being said, I will likely use this new

rig to also finally be able to buy and run X-plane, and even enjoy FSX. My current PC can barely run FSX, it can't handle X-Plane at all. My current

primary sim is FS9, which I plan to also keep around as my 1960s install is way too much fun to give up.

I do understand people who want to make a clean break and move on though. Only so much time in a day, and this can be a very time consuming

hobby.

I'm a guy who still plays Civ3, Battlefield 1942, and Rogue Spear:Urban Ops, so I may just have issues with letting go.

Edited by romanus
poor punctuation
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, romanus said:

That being said, I will likely use this new rig to also finally be able to buy and run X-plane, and even enjoy FSX. My current PC can barely run FSX, it can't handle X-Plane at all. My current

primary sim is FS9, which I plan to also keep around as my 1960s install is way too much fun to give up.

I still have FSX in addition to P3D v4, because my FSX(SE) includes a few aircraft and sceneries that aren't available for P3D and I've don't feel I've flown enough yet to be happy to cut loose of just yet, and that includes the more expensive tubeliners.  It's my own fault for being such an aircraft add-on sierra-lima-uniform-tango.😀

Edited by Holdit
  • Like 2

I'm not keeping the lada after getting the ferrari, guys. Ain't gonna happen. I can hardly use my sims now (because they look so gawddamn drab), and I don't even have MSFS yet!!

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 3

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Enlighten me. I can't wait for this!

Well it sure as heck ain't analog.

17 minutes ago, eslader said:

Well it sure as heck ain't analog.

Exactly. It is Binary, hence 0s and 1s
(Single, multilevel or multilayered)

Edited by RamonB

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

It just shows you how clueless some simmers are when it comes to the new sim.

What we really have here is just another platform that will require 3rd party development in order to fully mature.

At one point I thought that legacy support would be included. Can you imagine if we could just drop the Realair Turbine Duke into the Airplane folder? 

It's because of A2A and Realair that P3D v4 will have to stay on my computer for a little while longer.

Lol, my point is this: Barring some catastrophic failure on Micrsoft's part, it's fair to say that MSFS 2020 - judging by the preview videos - looks just as good as P3D with addons. Obviously, there are going to be plenty of kinks that are going to have to be worked out. 

I have no sentimental feelings for any of my addons. But I'm aware that there are still folks hanging onto their Windows 98 version so they can run that old scanner they got at a yard sale. 

I’ve had FSX installed, from disc and digital, across three computers, since 2007. I’ll be uninstalling it after one last celebration this weekend. Might even get a little emotional...

• Like 1

Honestly, I am with OP at this point. I've been simming for about 20 years now, and I'm not using my sim as much as I used to do it before. I really got bored about 1-2 years ago. Even when FSL came out, I learned it, deep enough for me, and still in flight, I look out the window. And it's ugly, sorry, but it's ugly. Been using Alpha since beginning of the year, and found myself more and more looking around, enjoying the view, along the technicalities of the flight. Along came the interesting new physics, that felt "different" than P3D, and now we have a new platform, a really good platform, that will be developed further, or so they say. Addon devs are onboard, and it's not gonna be long until most of them are. I have no problems waiting for addons to drip in. I use P3D occasionally, and I will not yet delete it completely, but I did delete many things already.

Btw... LP?? CD?? I think last time I held an audio CD in my hand must be some 10 years ago.

Edited by SimonC
  • Like 1