Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

When can I pre download?

Looks like there is no pre-loading. Microsoft Twitter account says we have to wait until release. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

32 minutes ago, espent said:

Looks like there is no pre-loading. Microsoft Twitter account says we have to wait until release. 

do you have a link for that, I can't see it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I'm surprised because if you don't preload this the internet is going to dies on the 18th

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

7 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I'm surprised because if you don't preload this the internet is going to dies on the 18th

These are microsoft servers. Have we ever seen them overload?

5 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

It is many years since we downloaded from one data center. Today CDN takes care of this. I don’t expect any issues at all downloading 120GB. 
I downloaded RDR2 on release on XBox and I got several hundred Mb/s on my gigabit line. 

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I think that like many major console game releases I've done with my PS4 (and XBox would do the same), that you can start d/loading on Aug 18 at midnight EST in the US, 9PM PST, which would be the 17th. I too wish they could spread things out for a few days before, but evidently that is not going to happen. I also expect that, again, like a lot of console releases over a number of years now, we'll download say 10Gigs worth then we can get into the sim in a very limited way as the rest of the download stays in the background. I can see a lot of us using the partial d/l and then keep it coming until morning, probably 6-7 hours worth. 

United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

38 minutes ago, espent said:

I downloaded RDR2

Doesn't count unless you download C3PO to go with him; they're a duo. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

On my email it states available 17 Aug. I am in the U.K. 

Yup, mine too also in the UK, but they qualified that somewhat by also saying that it would be 23:00, so only an hour short of the 18th.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Microsoft would be wise to allow pre-installs ASAP. It won’t be a good look if no one is able to play on launch day because they need to download 150g of data. Even worse, imagine if the servers are overloaded, and everyone’s download speeds suffer.

Launch day needs to go smoothly. Enable pre-installs.

• Like 1