Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

When can I pre download?

Allegedly 129Gb space required to install, which with compression will probably mean a bit less size-wise, but still, that's not coming down anyone's pipeline in a couple of minutes, that's for sure.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, RobotRock said:

Microsoft would be wise to allow pre-installs ASAP. It won’t be a good look if no one is able to play on launch day because they need to download 150g of data. Even worse, imagine if the servers are overloaded, and everyone’s download speeds suffer.

Launch day needs to go smoothly. Enable pre-installs.

Well MS AZURE Cloud can handle millions of windows updates on the same day, I think they can handle a few flight sim downloads IF they can`t then the 4K ULTRA Streaming will be a none starter.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Well MS AZURE Cloud can handle millions of windows updates on the same day, I think they can handle a few flight sim downloads IF they can`t then the 4K ULTRA Streaming will be a none starter.

This is true. I think the issue is more about the user end. Not everyone has a super-duper-sexytime-speed intertron connection.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

This is true. I think the issue is more about the user end. Not everyone has a super-duper-sexytime-speed intertron connection.

Oh dear i will leave it then. they may be able to install overnight on the 17th.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The other thing is that even if you get to d/l there's also the streaming / Live AI / Multiplayer data on top of that and if it all goes through the same pipe.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I heard it was an 80gb download. 

That would take me 20 hours to download.  So I might be flying by the 19th late at night?

I hope they change their mind and allow preloading.

• Like 2

Relax, in only 9 days, we'll all be watching You Tube about how amazing MSF really is and how many bugs it contains 😂

• Like 1

I hope they implemented some kind of torrent trickery, as many games do nowadays, so that you can download from other users while they are downloading.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

19 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I'm surprised because if you don't preload this the internet is going to dies on the 18th

Don't afraid, MS servers are much more powerful, than you are thinkink 🙂 .

57 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Don't afraid, MS servers are much more powerful, than you are thinkink 🙂 .

It's not MS I'm worried about it's what's between MS and me. Why do you think MS doesn't push full system updates at the same time.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD