Sign in to follow this  
Guest LonzoTWA

Beechjet req. 1 pilot, but Hawker 400 req. 2?

Guest enave

I was just reading this:http://www.eagleaviationgroup.com/brochure.htmWhich states that the Beechjet 400A is certified for only one pilot, but that the Hawker 400XP requires both pilot and copilot. My understanding is that they are very nearly the same airplane. Anyone know what difference accounts for the fact that you need another warm body to take the 400XP up? They don't have special runways for carpooling do they? :-)

I have to wonder if that's an error. I thought aircraft weight factored into single pilot certification. I also thought the cutoff was 12,500 takeoff or something close. The 400A exceeds that by a fair margin. The Premier is single pilot certified, but that's a different aircraft altogether.-John

I'm not intirely sure, but I believe there's something about equipment that factors into that as well. I may be completely wrong though.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I did a google search yesterday and the only Raytheon/Beech jet aircraft I could find that was single pilot certified was the Premier. I love the 400a--have the Eaglesoft version and I still think it among the most beautiful bizjets ever released for MSFS--it looks like it's doing 460 kts standing still :)-John

Guest LonzoTWA

They are in error. The 400A requires 2 pilots. The original design back in the 80's was targeted to be single pilot, but they were not able to keep the aircraft under the required weight. Even the Mitsubishi Diamond is a 2 pilot aircraft.Lonny