Sign in to follow this  
danielwest

CP flight MCP NG/MAX in P3Dv5

Hi guys, 

for some time now, I am tempted to buy an mcp for my flight sim to get a more immersive experience. The cp flight unit resembling the Collins mcp is on the top of my list. It’s plug and play and with a driver it should work in the sim, if I have read correctly. Recently I switched to P3Dv5 and I cannot find anywhere whether the cp flight mcp will work in that simm.  

Is there someone who got it to work or can someone confirm that this mcp works in v5?

Thanks for the help in advance.

cheers, 

Daniel W

8 hours ago, danielwest said:

Hi guys, 

for some time now, I am tempted to buy an mcp for my flight sim to get a more immersive experience. The cp flight unit resembling the Collins mcp is on the top of my list. It’s plug and play and with a driver it should work in the sim, if I have read correctly. Recently I switched to P3Dv5 and I cannot find anywhere whether the cp flight mcp will work in that simm.  

Is there someone who got it to work or can someone confirm that this mcp works in v5?

Thanks for the help in advance.

cheers, 

Daniel W

I have had the MCP EL for along time now and it has always just being plug and play (with drivers/software installed)

Works like a charm in P3dv5 (at least the PMDG 737 NGXU)

I even got some old NAV/TRANSPONDER/Radios from last gen working as well via a cable that reduce to 5V.

I wish i could get the weather and cargo panel in 5v as well 🙂

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Daniel,

it does work.

CP Flight offers a new driver on their website. You will find it in the section "Technical and Manual" for your product.

I don't know, if it works with the old driver set since I installed the new driver with P3Dv5 all along. I only use it with the NGXu, so I can't tell if it is working with other planes as well.

Cheers

Daniel Kottsieper

Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 / Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz (delidded) / Noctua NH-D15 / 4x8GB Corsair LPX DDR4 3200MHz CL 18/

MSI 2060 Super 8 GB /

SSD 512 GB Samsung 840 Pro (Win10 Home 64bit) / M.2 512GB Samsung 960 Pro (Prepar3D 4.4) / HDD 1TB WesternDigital / HDD 640 GB WesternDigital /

Samsung 2693hm 26" HD-Monitor /

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS / MFG Crosswind Pedals

Hi,

I consider contacting them but they are in a holiday till end of August. Since my own holiday is about to end, I want to make the purchase before that. That is why I posted here. 

thanks guys. I’ll add it to my shortlist of things to buy. 

DanielW. 

Virtual avionics makes an MCP that’s very good. I have it and am very happy. It’s plug and play and you just need to download the VA interface and run it before starting up your sim.

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

I have the MCP pro and EFIS modules, along with a few other CPFlight components in my rig. Very good hardware. Don't feel bad about asking questions here, the CPFlight forum is a bit of a mess!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 8/13/2020 at 6:51 AM, Shylock_35 said:

Virtual avionics makes an MCP that’s very good. I have it and am very happy. It’s plug and play and you just need to download the VA interface and run it before starting up your sim.

Is virtual avionics still around? Last things I heard they were on the verge of bankruptcy and with a unit over €800 I want to able to count on support. Secondly, I am far from sure their product is v5 compatible. 

DanielW