Sign in to follow this  
mlmcasual

Tool to judge landings/takeoffs?

Hello, I am looking to get back into flightsimming and eagerly awaiting  MSFS2020 with my honeycomb alpha yoke. It's been a decade since I last flew sims.

Does anyone know (for MSFS 2020) if there is any built-in ability or 3rd party plugin that can judge landings/takeoffs and give an actual score with quantified measurements?

For example how well you followed the glide slope, alignment, landing impact etc.  Something like a 3-axis G-force read back would be a great way to do this. 

This would IMO add a real depth to the game. 

• Like 1

Only for landing challenges from what I can tell

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I was just thinking of this exact same thing tonight. I really liked how FSPassengers would give you info on your vertical speed on touchdown. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

If you are still alive after your aeroplane has come to a halt, rate your landing satisfactory.

If all your passengers and everyone on the ground near where you landed is also alive when the aircraft comes to a halt, and nothing is on fire, rate your landing good.

If all of the above is true, and the aeroplane is in a condition where it could actually be used again, rate your landing as excellent.

If your aeroplane clears the obstructions at the end of the runway upon climb out, rate your take off satisfactory.

If your aeroplane clears the obstructions at the end of the runway without the stall warning and stick shaker going off, or any of the passengers screaming or praying, rate your take off good.

If all of the above applies, and you actually had clearance to take off when this occurred, rate your take off as excellent.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

FSFlyingSchool http://www.fsflyingschool.com/ scores your landings and much more. 

They are in the process of adapting their product for MSFS, but it's not ready yet.

• Like 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

I bet that those one will be available for the next upcoming MS2020

Here a new interesting one that is coming out:

https://www.aviaworx.com/aviaflightmonitor

Then there is also https://www.fsipanel.com/ that train you for takeoff approach and landing.

This is the official thread in regards of MS2020 from the developer

Hi,
I will have to study this new Simulator and its SDK.
The goal is to have FSiPanel compatible with it as it seems to be a beautiful simulator, will aircraft addons published have their products compatible? will see.
Cheers,

J-P

• Like 1

Is A corkscrew approach from 3000ft acceptable if the bugged ATC cleared you for landing straight in when you are exactly above the airport?

Edited by EmaRacing

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

15 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Is A corkscrew approach from 3000ft acceptable if the bugged ATC cleared you for landing straight in when you are exactly above the airport?

Yes, providing you are in an AVRO Lancaster. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I use Landing Rate Monitor. It collects data for takeoff and landing and also tracks your flight and can sync it with fshub.io for a nice flight journal.

No guarantee that it works with MSFS, but as it uses FSUIPC there is a chance it will work with the FSUIPC version for MSFS.

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

I am using SimToolKitPro. It works with MSFS

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hi Dilore:

>> FSFlyingSchool http://www.fsflyingschool.com/ scores your landings and much more. 
They are in the process of adapting their product for MSFS, but it's not ready yet.

Thanks for your kind words - this is very much appreciated.

I have an update - we've just (Oct 30 2020) published FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - a team of talking instructors for every flight in an exciting mix of planes - small, medium and large. 

A bit of background for readers - thousands of real and simulator pilots have been flying with FSFlyingSchool since 2006 and during that time it has won 5 PC Pilot Magazine Classic Product Awards. 

Our free demo of FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has no time limit and comes with a full set of manuals. 

http://www.fsflyingschool.com/demo-msfs.asp 

If you try the free demo I hope you will find FSFlyingSchool an interesting add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. 

Have a great weekend of flights!