Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Fs2020

I can run fsx with photo scenery no problem with my PC set up will I be able to run fs2020 even if it was on low setting as I've just ordered the sim but can't afford to update my PC without upsetting the wife.

1 hour ago, Pip said:

I can run fsx with photo scenery no problem with my PC set up will I be able to run fs2020 even if it was on low setting as I've just ordered the sim but can't afford to update my PC without upsetting the wife.

I moved your topic out of the Tips and Tricks section you posted in since that section won’t be open until the 18th and your post is a question not a Tip or Trick.

As to your question, read the computer spec topic pinned at the top of the forum to see where your computer fits into the mix. Below is a link.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If it can do all that in FSX as you say, and it has a GPU with a reasonably decent amount of VRAM, either DDR4 or preferably DDR5, chances are it will run the new MS sim okay. You might have to drop the graphics settings a bit (possibly). You will need Windows 10 as your operating system too.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Pip said:

My specs:
i5 2500K @3.30GHz (Sandy Bridge).
16 GB DDR3.
Nvidia GTX 960.
Samsung SSD.

So don't worry, i might just have the lowest specs of all beta testers at the moment and it runs reasonably well on medium settings, which was the suggested setting after installation. There's more than enough to be enjoyed with these settings until i have the money to buy the next monstermachine.

Otherwise; you might try upsetting the wife.😀

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Happy wife, happy life.  Let’s not forget that. Learnt from personal experiences. 😆

• Like 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

20 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

i might just have the lowest specs of all beta testers at the moment and it runs reasonably well on medium settings, 

So there may be hope for my 

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard
i7 980 X 6-CORE
12 GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 780 6GB VRAM
500 GB Samsung SSD

you think?

• Like 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Thing is, does your wife think along similar lines? That maybe she'd upset you if she prevented you from upgrading your computer to enjoy something you like.

Alan Bradbury

33 minutes ago, Chock said:

Thing is, does your wife think along similar lines? That maybe she'd upset you if she prevented you from upgrading your computer to enjoy something you like.

You're not married, are you? 😉

• Like 4

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Can I ask the mods if this still applies:

Because I can think of about 20 hardware threads in here in the last month, this particular thread staff have actually moved into the MFS20 forum. If this is no longer a rule, why is it still stickied?

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

You're not married, are you? 😉

Was, and will be again in a short time, and I remain very good friends with ex missus. Marriage is about give and take, and that works both ways.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Didn't you learn the first time Alan? 🤣

• Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Definition of optimist:  Someone who gets married more than once.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

25 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

If this is no longer a rule, why is it still stickied?

The title should probably be changed to what it originally intended in the first place:  "Please do not post VR topics in this forum."  At the time it was necessary to prevent the constant spam.  

Or just remove the sticky.  Hopefully it won't be necessary at this point.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

16 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Didn't you learn the first time Alan? 🤣

I did. But as I like to say about marriage:

'instead of going to all that trouble, why not just find a woman you don't like and then buy her a house?' 🤣

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Was, and will be again in a short time, and I remain very good friends with ex missus. Marriage is about give and take, and that works both ways.

No need to get married again, Chock. Just find a woman you don’t like, and buy her a Cirrus SR22.

Edit: posted this before seeing you last comment. Lol.

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."