Sign in to follow this  
cooperwarner8

1.03GB Update For FS2020?

Hi all

I have pre-ordered the premium deluxe version of FS2020 about a month ago and installed the small file less than 30mb.

I just went on the microsoft store and pressed "checked for updates" and it downloads a 1.03GB update for FS2020. I wonder if this is starting to download day by day so as not to overload the servers on the 18th.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by cooperwarner8

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

probably the launcher. in the alpha/beta we downloaded 1gb file from the store and from within the in-game launcher we downloaded the rest.

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Yes, I had this, too. It makes a few base directories and files just for the launcher. And btw., I was free to choose on which drive I wanted it to reside.

I expect it do preload more close to the 18th. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

32 minutes ago, pmb said:

Yes, I had this, too. It makes a few base directories and files just for the launcher. And btw., I was free to choose on which drive I wanted it to reside.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm not sure there's is a pre load, see this tweet:

https://twitter.com/MSFSofficial/status/1283119662465572864

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

42 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I just downloaded this Michael and it didn't offer me the choice of where it could be installed. I assume it installed on my C drive which is not where I want the final product to be. I hope I get a choice on the big day!

Murray Dreyer

2 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

I just downloaded this Michael and it didn't offer me the choice of where it could be installed. I assume it installed on my C drive which is not where I want the final product to be. I hope I get a choice on the big day!

This is crazy. I was given a choice (with C:/ preselected by default), changed it to L:/ and the 1 GB were installed there. 

You may still be given a choice when downloading the main contents, but it's strange.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Good to know. Since I guess this is part of the release, can you check to see whether the files are encrypted or not?

21 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Good to know. Since I guess this is part of the release, can you check to see whether the files are encrypted or not?

Basically, the file structure seems to mimic the one on C:/. It includes a WindowsApps directory which I can't access.

In the alpha, I was able to change permissions etc. to make the directory accessible, but I am not inclined to play with the release stuff right now.

Kind regards, Michael 

Edited by pmb

One less gigabyte to download on the 18th hopefully? I have a SSD all prepped and ready to go. 

• Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Thanks @pmb, it's seems as I thought with regards to UWP, so I will be Steam purchasing.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I haven't come across this yet - not showing up for me.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

1 minute ago, travelabroad said:

Stupid question, I know... but does anybody know the exact date and time it'll be released?

Depends where you are in the world. Look on the microsoft store to check

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals