Sign in to follow this  
cooperwarner8

1.03GB Update For FS2020?

6 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Yup and it installed the update on my F drive where MSFS is located

Well to be fair, the installer did ask me to chose the DRIVE I wanted, but did not allow me the option to use a custom directory (folder) name. I would like to have the main program in a C:/MSFS folder, just as I have a D:/P3Dv5 folder...

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

MSFS has always resided on my 😄 drive and always will - 1tb and a secondary 1tb 2.5 ssds on my Asus ROG motherboard - good to go

Wait till you see my new build watch for that cost me a ton of money but will be killer 

I am in process of getting it done but waiting on chrome rigid tubing, fittings and EK waterblock for gpu which will be vertically mounted - also has a distribution plate and two radiators - one loop

Pics to follow when done

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

3 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Wait till you see my new build watch for that cost me a ton of money but will be killer

rtx 3000 ?

• Like 1

Matthew S

18 hours ago, pmb said:

This is crazy. I was given a choice (with C:/ preselected by default), changed it to L:/ and the 1 GB were installed there. 

You may still be given a choice when downloading the main contents, but it's strange.

Kind regards, Michael

I realised that I added a new M.2 drive after installing the first original download. When downloading this new installer, it obviously defaulted to the original location. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it now gave me the option of where I wanted it put.

Cheers.

Murray Dreyer

18 hours ago, mdreyer said:

I just downloaded this Michael and it didn't offer me the choice of where it could be installed. I assume it installed on my C drive which is not where I want the final product to be. I hope I get a choice on the big day!

Go to PC Settings / Apps and find MSFS.

Click on it and select Move.

It will tell you where it is currently installed and offer you a chance to move it.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Tried to move the install to my E drive (Samsung T5 portable) and it said the app isn’t supported on the target drive’s file system... anyone have a fix? 

Edit: Looks like I need to reformat from exFAT to NTFS. I’ll update and see if this works.

Edited by FlyingInACessna

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

rtx 3000 ?

RTX 2080 Super - 3000 series not out yet 🙂

Intel Core i9-10900K Comet Lake - 64 gig trident z ram

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

9 hours ago, n4gix said:

I check the Windows Store and downloaded and installed the update to my C drive (that's my 2 TB SSD and where I want MSFS), but I'll be darned if I can find where the stinking files were installed! 😫

take a look in C:\Program Files\WindowsApp\MicrosoftFlightSimulator

George Westwell

5 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

take a look in C:\Program Files\WindowsApp\MicrosoftFlightSimulator

Thanks, but for some odd reason I have no such WindowsApp folder anywhere on my C drive!

Fr. Bill    

22 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Thanks, but for some odd reason I have no such WindowsApp folder anywhere on my C drive!

I've got a "WindowsApps" folder on my "C", "D" and my newly installed "F" Drive for MSFS. I think it all depends upon previous purchases from MS Store and where those Apps were installed at that time.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I've searched high and low and the only thing I've found is a "Microsoft Flight Simulator.lnk file, which is of course the Desktop Shortcut to the launcher app. However I've found no traces of the 1+ GB of downloaded stuff anywhere. 😐

Fr. Bill    

8 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

RTX 2080 Super - 3000 series not out yet 🙂

Intel Core i9-10900K Comet Lake - 64 gig trident z ram

I will let you know how it runs. I have the 10900k, 64gb of ram and a 2080ti at the moment and will pick up a 3000 series when they drop.

• Like 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |