Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

Keeping a sense of perspective

9 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

ohh

here we go; into personal

Nothing personal about quoting what someone said on the internet !

Wanna avoid it? - stay off the internet 😉

• Like 5

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

14 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

It would be nice to know exactly what we pay for.

I think we're paying for a new flight sim.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

and as a cockpit builder; you might or might not know the sdk is essential to adapt configurations of various instruments ..

you might like to see your house on the sim; frankly i do not give a toss of seeing my house on the sim

And we don't give a toss about your cockpit 😁😁 you've been given plenty of credible sources and reassurance to your questions, if you want to dismiss those out of hand and keep being miserable about MFS that's your choice - stick with whatever wonderful thing you are using right now, we're happy to leave you behind.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 5

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

31 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

In one of Squirrel's vids, someone succeeds in taking off with the 747 from the grass. So, yeah, as you say. Toy planes.

That was actually a business jet.  Maybe those actually fly from grass strips in Costa Rica, I dunno. 🙂 All I know is, it made me want to try it myself.

And would it work?  Well, that's what simulators are for!  To do things we wouldn't do in everyday life.  Like seeing if we can loop or roll a 747.  Or land and take off from Meigs in the same 747, which taught me a bunch about short field techniques.  I hope someone makes Meigs for MSFS, I'd buy it.

And we're all flying toy airplanes, even if they have a PMDG logo.  "The toy airplane I pretend to fly is better than the toy airplane you pretend to fly."  Well, no, not really, it's just more complicated. 😄 

Most of the time I fly my toy airplane the same way I'd fly a real one.

Hook

Larry Hookins

13 minutes ago, LHookins said:

That was actually a business jet.  Maybe those actually fly from grass strips in Costa Rica, I dunno.

Business jet ? Costa Rica?

I am refering to this, a 747 in New Zealand

• Like 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

15 minutes ago, LHookins said:

And would it work?  Well, that's what simulators are for!  To do things we wouldn't do in everyday life. 

That would only be interesting if the simulation was indeed realistic. and i think we've established already that in some cases it is not.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

The big hook for me with MSFS 2020 isn't seeing my own house (but of course the first thing I'll do is look for it!), it's the ability to get everything I look for in a flight sim out of the box, without having to purchase and load a number of other apps to get it, with all the compatibility/performance hassles that involves. Imagine just starting up one program to make your flight...

I've been away from all the 2020-related discussions  for some time so I'm still catching up on what's in and what's out, but it looks promising, much more so than I imagined it would.

38 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

we are 8 days to release and still do not know if is included or not and in what shape.

It would be nice to know exactly what we pay for.

Well here’s a novel idea for you. Wait 8 days to find out BEFORE you pay for it...or not. It is entirely possible that this new product is not right for your particular needs.

Is this hard to understand? Why do I feel like this is so hard to understand for some folks.

• Like 6

Chris

I've bought an extra large bag of popcorn for release day. It should be entertaining.

• Like 2

NAX669.png

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

And this is just the beginning.

I quoted Reagan not long ago, 'you ain't seen nothing yet', yes I do agree. Just a beginning. Reason to ask for more 😉 !

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

Think about this.  You are in a desktop flight simulator, looking at a representation of your own house, and your first thought is that it doesn't look quite right.

Great points...unless someone lives in an area that is covered by ORBX True Earth, their house is likely to look more like itself than it has in any sim before.

How many times have I visited a location in real life, and thought “this would be a great place to check out in flightsim“, only to be disappointed when barely anything is recognizable in the sim.  Those days are over.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Shug said:

I'll be doing well to find my house. It's tiny, not much more than a shoe box in the middle of the road.

Luxury!

220px-Four_Yorkshiremen_O2_Arena.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

Business jet ? Costa Rica?

I am refering to this, a 747 in New Zealand

Oh yeah, THAT video!  I loved it.  

Just proves my point that this is what simulators are for.  Among other things, to see if you can do it. It's not like you'd try that in a real 747, and probably would never get a chance to try it in one of the airline's simualtors.

Bring it on! 😄😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

2 hours ago, Shug said:

I'll be doing well to find my house. It's tiny, not much more than a shoe box in the middle of the road.

Cardboard box?.... You were lucky!.............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewartforgie said:

Cardboard box?.... You were lucky!.............

You+lucky+lucky+bastard+_3bbd82a8af44458