Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Here's Something for Pre-Orderers to Pay Attention To

Notice your version number. We are currently on 1.6.13 in the beta. The release version number continues to climb. They've not only reached 1.7 as a milestone version, but have had 11 incremental updates as well to reach 1.7.11.

We will have to see how many bugs they get done before release, but they seem to be working diligently.

• Like 9

Yes, indeed the build version was modified today to 1.7.11.0 as shown in MS store.

29 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Notice your version number. We are currently on 1.6.13 in the beta. The release version number continues to climb. They've not only reached 1.7 as a milestone version, but have had 11 incremental updates as well to reach 1.7.11.

We will have to see how many bugs they get done before release, but they seem to be working diligently.

I'd say from the version number, they got at least 11 of those bugs. 😁

• Like 3

I got the 1 GB download to my D:\  Windows Store shows Version 1.7.11.0 modified 8/11/2020. 

I'm at 1.7.11 too.  makes me wonder if its new stuff or corrected stuff. or both.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Could be both and if I remember right a version number increase may have squashed more than on bug. Depends on the developers as to the incremental number increase. I would say a good many may have been fixed already. Of course we wont know for sure until the 18th.

It's funny how much this forum is beginning to look like the Beta forum.  Everyone wondering the same things, all the same speculation.  Maybe we'll all find out on Thursday with the update.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Interesting fact... I had moved the MSFS app to my dedicated SSD, but the update went to my C  drive and stayed there.  I have now moved the app one more time, but am concerned when it becomes time to download the whole program, it will one more time forget where I want it..

Not sure how to verify ahead of time..

Bert

59 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I'm at 1.7.11 too.  makes me wonder if its new stuff or corrected stuff. or both.

WHERE exactly do you find the version number  1.7.11 ?

Stan

NEVER MIND.  Found it.  Sorry.

Edited by spilok
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Interesting fact... I had moved the MSFS app to my dedicated SSD, but the update went to my C  drive and stayed there.  I have now moved the app one more time, but am concerned when it becomes time to download the whole program, it will one more time forget where I want it..

Not sure how to verify ahead of time..

Where on your C drive did it go, Bert?  Did it create a new folder or get installed in an existing folder.  When I downloaded the update this morning, it did not give me an opportunity to choose where to put it.

Stan

7 minutes ago, spilok said:

Where on your C drive did it go, Bert?  Did it create a new folder or get installed in an existing folder.  When I downloaded the update this morning, it did not give me an opportunity to choose where to put it.

Stan

Go  to PC Settings.

Select Apps

Find Microsoft Flight Simulator

Click on it and choose Move

It will now tell you where it is currently installed..

If this is OK, you are done.  If it is back on your C drive, select your designated location and execute the move.

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Go  to PC Settings.

Select Apps

Find Microsoft Flight Simulator

Click on it and choose Move

It will now tell you where it is currently installed..

If this is OK, you are done.  If it is back on your C drive, select your designated location and execute the move.

Thanks.  Looks like it was put on the new M2 (drive J) that I had MSFS directed to when I first downloaded it.  Excellent.  Thanks again,

Stan

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

It's funny how much this forum is beginning to look like the Beta forum.  Everyone wondering the same things, all the same speculation.  Maybe we'll all find out on Thursday with the update.

Hook

I doubt it lol...

Actually, I find people to be much more realistic here. On the beta forum, you've literally got people crying that a certain clump of trees in the middle of nowhere is in the wrong place. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2