Sign in to follow this  
simon747

External Views...darn..

View system seems ok for a default system, however no way to save a new external view; engine or wingview yet as below?  Good video though...

11:14 has the external view bit...

Simon

Yea, drone views appear to not allow be saved or 'modded' views, same with external.  Can only use the ones it came with.  Cockpit views can edited and saved by the look of it.

Simon

Just now, simon747 said:

Yea, drone views appear to not allow be saved or 'modded' views, same with external.  Can only use the ones it came with.  Cockpit views can edited and saved by the look of it.

They have many external views that are setup and you can keybind. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 minute ago, simon747 said:

Can you edit them and re-save?  Matt said you can't in his video?

You don't seem to be able to do it for external views, no, but then again, there are so many of them that it might not matter. You will be able to use one of the pre-defined external views. But this might change b4, at or after release 😉

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Lets hope!  At least the GA planes allow more flexibility for the most part as you can see wings from the cockpit or back seat and edit and code to the cockpit views.  The GA planes look very, very good.

Simon

I miss a World camera in MSFS. I like to set up views from spotter positions at different airports I have visited, like Sunset bar in St.Maarten, Cafe Royal in Corfu etc. etc. Always fun to see ai landings/takeoffs from places I have visited and done a lot of spotting from. A special wish, maybe, but it was possible with Chaseplane, so I hope it's coming in a later update, or maybe Chaseplane will come to MSFS.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

The drone camera, from what I have seen is amazing. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hi, Can someone confirm; it looks like in the video there are wingviews with internal sounds.  Which is great.  Is there a way to code/map the wingview to a keyboard key so you can switch between say your VC main view and then a wingview on final?  Going through the menu system seems a bit odd and not very realistic on final etc?  The video below seems like the guys sometimes enters the wingview via a menu and sometimes not?

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8WxX4NHsko

Simon

I saw a screenshot showing quicksaves for internal views.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 hours ago, Slides said:

I saw a screenshot showing quicksaves for internal views.

Same here, you can map vc views to a keyboard.  It would be good to know if you can assign or map one or two external ones to a keyboard?  It would be awkward  to go through the view system for a quick switch to the wing for example on landing or taxi...

Simon

On 8/11/2020 at 4:15 PM, jlund said:

I miss a World camera in MSFS. I like to set up views from spotter positions at different airports I have visited, like Sunset bar in St.Maarten, Cafe Royal in Corfu etc. etc. Always fun to see ai landings/takeoffs from places I have visited and done a lot of spotting from. A special wish, maybe, but it was possible with Chaseplane, so I hope it's coming in a later update, or maybe Chaseplane will come to MSFS.

You can do that with the drone camera. It can be uncoupled from the plane and moved anywhere you want it.

5 hours ago, simon747 said:

Same here, you can map vc views to a keyboard.  It would be good to know if you can assign or map one or two external ones to a keyboard?  It would be awkward  to go through the view system for a quick switch to the wing for example on landing or taxi...

You have a shortcut to go outside or to the drone keybind or button...

Edited by awf

André