Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

Disappointed in Alpha/Beta tester selection

10 hours ago, reignman40 said:

Don't I feel silly 😛

Haha, not to worry. I should note I’m just referring to atc phraseology. 

In normal conversation (in New Zealand at least) we would say 3 point 5, not 3 decimal 5. 

Edited by NZ255
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Yes true but I think the previous poster was making the point that at many airports, the SID / STAR may not be flown at times as in the chart or FMC if ATC gives shortcuts in the route or a direct to. 

As Jeff mentioned, not every time and every airpace or every airport. So that makes AI ATC very difficult as it becomes predictable and why some prefer online like VATSIM. Now if they could train the AI ATC to recognize all these things, then it would make it more enjoyable. 

Ironically before many people complain that ATC doesn't follow SID or STAR 🙂

I've been dealing with real life ATC for around 19 years and yes it's not as predictable as in MSFS. So is flying real aircraft and all mechanical issue associated with it. MSFS ATC  never denied entering airspace, or ask to write down number due to pilot deviation. We also don't get notified about taxiway closure, TFR or VOR out of service in route. But still to my taste ATC in FSX and MSFS are the best for default. And it goes in no comparison with poor XP11 ATC.

In any case in new MSFS you have flexibility to ask bypass certain waypoints or altitude. Cancel IFR and switch to flight following. Which would be not realistic for airliner but quite realistic for GA. I do file IFR VFR on top and then cancel IFR in real life.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I agree with the topic, applied for testers from the first moment, hour, and seeing people, who have been accepted, that have no idea how an airplane works or the dynamics of a simulator, turns out to be unfair.

It's like seeing a very good woman with the wrong guy 🙂 

• Like 1

Just wait until the "game" is out on XBOX... Then we'll see the real artists.

I sincerely hope they don't make it online on IVAO.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm not sure how to take this topic, but it seems a bit "stuck-up" to me...

If all Microsoft did was target current hardcore simmers then they probably wouldn't even break even on the costs of the simulator.. Call it what you will, but the sim is also a game and they want to attract as many people as possible. This also means making the game accessible to newcomers and also fun and enjoyable. The majority of these new-comers will likely be gamers who may only use it for a few days and move on to something else more shiny, but some may stick around and even get deep in to the hobby. We all started out like this at some point...so please stop with the elitist attitude..

For testing, it's just as important that anyone can use it, fly around, use multiplayer and not having great difficulties using the sim. I'm sure this is the aim of inviting a large and broad range of users. If people comment that they can't even get a plane started, then that's a problem. Newcomers won't want to study books just to get a plane started, they want to fly around over their own house etc. This should peak interest in enough people that they'll turn in to aviation-geeks, others will just move on. Reading many of the comments in this thread is enough to scare anyone off, the sim is meant for everyone, not just old-timers like is 🙂

• Like 14
  • Upvote 7

Respect, you hit the nail, Tony.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

18 minutes ago, tonywob said:

the sim is meant for everyone

Posts like Tony's make me wish there was a way to give more than one Like on a post.

Thank you, Sir, for writing the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Hook

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

There is a kind of self-important arrogance about this post. I know more about flight sim than <this guy> why am I not in the beta while they are....Just utter rubbish salty post to make. I am sorry you didn't get in mate. Trust me,you might think it's a bad thing but it's not. You didn't get the agony of experience certain aspect of the sim that are not operational in the current build.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

12 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Eight?

You got me on that one.

• Like 1

I have been checking my mail and spam filter religiously several times a day for several months now. The last couple of weeks I have come to accept my fate that I will not be in the beta. Come the 18th I have every hope that it will have been worth the wait 🙂

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

10 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

What is there maybe 200 active users here?  (and I mean active like they participate in posts weekly).  Maybe 100-200 truly active ones at other forums.  I bet you have 5000 ultra hard core simmers in the world, maybe 20k who enjoy simming

Remember, 73% of statistics are made up on the spot!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tonywob said:

If all Microsoft did was target current hardcore simmers then they probably wouldn't even break even on the costs of the simulator..

I'll say it again: they could have fixed almost (if not) all of the silly and unrealistic elements that a real pilot or dedicated flight simmer would notice without the gamers ever even noticing the difference. They could still cater to both audiences while making it better and more realistic for, let's face it, the people who will be spending 99% of the time that this sim/game is played.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

The last couple of weeks I have come to accept my fate that I will not be in the beta. Come the 18th I have every hope that it will have been worth the wait

Come the 18th you'll BE in the beta! 😄 

It's a win-win for everyone. 🙂 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

really? this thread is already this long ?

some people need to chill while others need to get a life. so many assumptions on a product thats not even released, with a NDA where some in the know cant say squat.

cringe or enjoy what videos are out there move on.  Its not going to be the sliver bullet for everyone. There's going to plenty of time in the next few yrs where the self proclaimed flight experts and fan-boys  fight over what platform is better.

for now just stock up on the popcorn and wait another several days

Sh!te ive now fallen into that trap !

Edited by jeansy
  • Like 4

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

9 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I have been checking my mail and spam filter religiously several times a day for several months now. The last couple of weeks I have come to accept my fate that I will not be in the beta. Come the 18th I have every hope that it will have been worth the wait 🙂

Make sure to check the Xbox insider hub app regularly. There are reports about people who got into the Alpha, but never received a notification by mail.

• Like 2