Sign in to follow this  
hangar

So...regarding options to replace the lackluster ATC

I much prefer listening to real ATC rather than actually using it. Thus, I love X-ATC Chatter for XP and would love to see something like that. 

5 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

I much prefer listening to real ATC rather than actually using it. Thus, I love X-ATC Chatter for XP and would love to see something like that. 

You can use that in MSFS along with pilot2atc 

On 8/12/2020 at 3:21 AM, revporl said:

I think there are plans for P2ATC to be adapted for MSFS but the designer was turned down for Alpha testing so has to wait until full release to start development. It has its own forum on here and someone asked him the question. I enjoy using it in XP11 with voice recognition, will keep an open mind about the new ATC until I can give it a try. Voice recognition would be good though. 

what am I missing here?  I am using it on a MSFS202 flight right now, works great.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

On 8/11/2020 at 3:27 PM, hangar said:

Many of us who enjoy using offline (non Vatsim) ATC have recently noticed how the new atc system in MSFS really hasn't received the same love and attention that other portions of the new sim have, so...

I was wondering if we could make this thread a sort of listing of any new ATC products that you know may be in the works and to be compatible with the new MSFS2020.

If you know of any please post about them here. I know of a product called Pilot2ATC which i used for XP but also worked with FSX & P3D. I don't know if it's being upgraded for MFSF2020 but I would certainly hope so. This particular ATC addon uses Voice recognition and phraseology for those who want atc included for both IFR and VRF flights.

Here's the link: https://pilot2atc.com/

Judging by what has been released for FSX/P3D I wouldn't really hold your breath on it!

All of the Add-On ATC programs for FSX/P3D have flaws...

There has never been an all inclusive "Must Have" ATC replacement for FSX/P3D that I've found, and I've looked at them all extensively before just installing EVP, for the better/random ATC voices and phraseology!

Chris Camp

12 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

what am I missing here?  I am using it on a MSFS202 flight right now, works great.

Could be that you're missing that your quote was posted on 12th August.

Ian Box

On 8/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, LHookins said:

I used an external program that I'd set up with all the commands I used.  Many I set up with alternate phrasing so I could give commands more naturally.  Sorry, I don't remember what this was.  Game Commander maybe?

Hook

I used to use Cold Waters with Voice Attack, that was fun. on my video you can't hear me "voice commanding2 this sub, but I did add some authentic US Navy sounds. its great fun :) https://youtu.be/XU_0wg5y-gg   

Most do not realize how good P2ATC is in MSFS. It will eliminate the need for all other Moving maps, and planning software.

Lets you Assign sids and stars visually like navigraph,

Provides weather reports for arrival and destination verbally and with text,

Gives you a moving map path of taxi directions,

Gives you moving map path of atc vectored approaches,

Uses current Navigraph Airac,

Provides calculated TOD 

Shows ground and air AI traffic

Import and export all formats to MSFS

Has its own terps for the USA,

Provides viable much better ATC than MSFS does,

You don't need to start out or ever use your own voice to communicate. You can let your copilot assign freq and respond to atc automatically except for a few times and even then you can have him say and respond to the commands. I have Eleven Native Windows 10 voices installed to use with it. 

It has only one obnoxious bug it keeps running after it closes and you will have to kill it in taskmanager before restarting it again

I would never leave home without it.

Edited by Denwagg
  • Like 2

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

Am I the odd one who finds the MSFS ATC an improvement over the one in P3D/FX?

I let the copilot handle the ATC and I follow the  ATC Altitudes and req higher if needed for the most part. Very few times ATC has told me to descend to 4K and then asked me to climb to 10K before approach which I disobey and have my IFR cancelled. For the most part, I find it quite adequate.  It's better than running a 3rd party s/w and manage that. I already have 3rd party for nav maps, approach plates, replay etc etc. too many 3rd party apps spoil the fun too.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

As a RW VFR pilot I strongly recommend Pilot2ATC, especially for VR flying. Being able to communicate with voice adds so much to the immersion. If you are a RW pilot making calls on the radio by voice is a second nature, being able to do it in the sim and actually have responses from ATC, was a game changer for me, even if Pilot2ATC is more IFR oriented.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manny said:

Am I the odd one who finds the MSFS ATC an improvement over the one in P3D/FX?

I let the copilot handle the ATC and I follow the  ATC Altitudes and req higher if needed for the most part. Very few times ATC has told me to descend to 4K and then asked me to climb to 10K before approach which I disobey and have my IFR cancelled. For the most part, I find it quite adequate.  It's better than running a 3rd party s/w and manage that. I already have 3rd party for nav maps, approach plates, replay etc etc. too many 3rd party apps spoil the fun too.

I agree with you Manny - yes there are occasional bugs (though nothing game-breaking that can't be worked around or manipulated, in my experience), but overall the default MSFS ATC blows default P3D/FSX (and of course default XP) out of the water.  It is refreshing to actually be vectored to an approach fix without being sent 100nm out of the way, and ATC actually seems to follow your filed STAR and approach.  And I love the new feature to let the AI copilot handle comms while I fly the plane.

Edited by PurdueKev
  • Like 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

Overall the default ATC ain't that bad but it has a few major flaws. And I'm sure it wouldnt be rocket science for MS and Asobo to sort it out. Biggest issue for me is Altitude assignment. If I plan to climb FL340 for example, it will give me an initial clearance of to FL220, but will not issue further clearance until I reach FL220 itself. Causing me to have to level off at 220... It should give me further climb at or before 210 at least. Another issue I've experience is the delay between clicking in the menu and actually sending the recording. Takes forever. I reckon if these are fixed i would be happy enough. But as it stands it is quite painful. There's a few mods out there that also massively improve the phraseology, and i believe that phraseology will be addressed in an upcoming update to better suit ICAO standards. Fingers crossed it will improve. I would prefer an internal improvement than having to install a mod.

Z370 Gaming Trident X | Intel i7-9700K | RAM 32.0 GB | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Over the years, I've occasionally considered Pilot2Atc, but:

This is the show stopper (for me):

"You will notice that Pilot2ATC takes up a significant part of the movie screen. When in actual use, it is resizable, and takes up about 1/4 to 1/3 of a screen at its optimal size. With a 2+ screen sim setup, it fits nicely to the left or right of your SIM. It does not have to be on top of your sim window. It was enlarged for movie making purposes."

I have no space for a second monitor on my desk.

Plus, the website looks cheap, like something a high school kid threw together in the 1990s,

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Over the years, I've occasionally considered Pilot2Atc, but:

This is the show stopper (for me):

"You will notice that Pilot2ATC takes up a significant part of the movie screen. When in actual use, it is resizable, and takes up about 1/4 to 1/3 of a screen at its optimal size. With a 2+ screen sim setup, it fits nicely to the left or right of your SIM. It does not have to be on top of your sim window. It was enlarged for movie making purposes."

I have no space for a second monitor on my desk.

Plus, the website looks cheap, like something a high school kid threw together in the 1990s,

This is how much space Pilot2ATC takes up on my 1920x1080 screen in minimal mode https://ibb.co/RbSdrm8

Pilot2atc is brilliant. You don’t even need to see the windows if you use your voice and charts, just minimise it. Alternatively, it works brilliant on a second monitor. 
But I suppose having a small window open on same screen as msfs is no different  to having the msfs atc window open? 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bloodystump said:

This is how much space Pilot2ATC takes up on my 1920x1080 screen in minimal mode https://ibb.co/RbSdrm8

For $120 US you can buy a new Samsung 27" 1080i monitor. Thats a no brainer for MSFS

Edited by Denwagg
  • Like 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2