Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Will MSFS start at all w/ below min specs

i think you are wasting money if your pc can't run the new sim.....do not buy it, use money to upgrade your old hardware then buy it👍

not wasting anything since sooner or later I will buy MSFS anyway, was waiting for it for a decade and won't let it slip. will wait until after my return from vacation and then make a decision

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I've been wondering the same thing.  My PC is mostly up to spec with the exception being the GPU.  I have the following setup:

ASUS ROG GL752

i7-6700HQ

24GB RAM

But here's the problem

Nvidia GTX965M

Doing some homework and despite being a few generations newer than the 7 series Geforce it's a good 30-40% slower than the minimum 770 they state in the specs. 

I run most xbox games fine on this machine and have played forza 6, 7 and horizon 3 and 4 on here without issue. 

X-Plane 11 runs pretty well on this setup and I also play FSX from time to time with decent results.  

I have GamePass so i'm giving it a shot and hoping for the best before I pull the trigger.  There are no upgrades or new PC's in my near to medium term future. 

5 hours ago, FlierHawk said:

I've been wondering the same thing.  My PC is mostly up to spec with the exception being the GPU.  I have the following setup:

ASUS ROG GL752

i7-6700HQ

24GB RAM

But here's the problem

Nvidia GTX965M

I'm going in with an i7 - 4790K (O/C'd to 4.6) and a - wait for it - MSI Twin Frozr 780Ti OC.

I am not afraid.

Let's do this - whatever we have.

I have a feeling we'll all be able to run with the bulls and reassess our hardware on the fly. . .

It's going to be great.

x

• Like 2

I admire your enthusiasm.  however a 780Ti is head and shoulders above a 965M lol 

Example from Passmark:

78Ti - 9,180

965M - 3,815

I'm in trouble! LOL

• Like 1

Yeah, but you've got that 17 6700HQ which I think has a very good edge on my i7 4790K,

and you've got 24 GB RAM over my 16 GB.

---

Wait, I love it - we're arguing about who's got the worst rig to run MSFS 😃

We should go fly together on MSFS Multiplayer and create the longest transition time between two PowerPoint slides that the World has ever known. . .

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

Same problem here. Partly above, partly (slightly) below min spec. Since I can't load on day 1 anyway I'm looking forward to whatever comes out of your experiments.

NY is my test case aside from being my home.  You know, Frank Sinatra made an excellent point about his experience with flight sim and NY.  "If I can play it there, I'm gonna play it anywhere" I might be paraphrasing. 

• Like 1

Yes, i ran it with an AMD APU (Ryzen 5 3400G) and it crawls but runs. The Vega11 is similar to a GTX285, so very very old.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You might get a warning message upon starting the program. Other than that it will start and run below minimum specs. Kiribati in the C152 with minimum settings and render scaling tuned down below 100 is smooth as silk. GTX750Ti here. 😝

Edited by badderjet
  • Like 4

Technically the 750Ti is about exactly the same as the 965M.  Glad to hear it will at least run....  Too bad i like VFR in places i know...  NYC is not gonna be fun lol

3 hours ago, badderjet said:

You might get a warning message upon starting the program. Other than that it will start and run below minimum specs. Kiribati in the C152 with minimum settings and render scaling tuned down below 100 is smooth as silk. GTX750Ti here. 😝

Thanks for the information. Got a GTX 750 and getting the same message too.

I'm somewhat concerned about my CPU not supporting some of the newer instruction sets, but so far it's a good sign the launcher is working.

Thx ! Sounds great. Now I just need to get back home but still enjoying French sun for 10 more days..

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Well, I'm going to load it up today and see what happens. Will have fire extinguisher standing by.

i7 4790K, 16 Gig DDR3, MSI 780Ti, 2 x 250 SSD.

Ummm, see post below for sudden change of mind.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

7 minutes ago, DAD said:

Thx ! Sounds great. Now I just need to get back home but still enjoying French sun for 10 more days..

Don't worry about it, I'm having lots of trouble with the download client and so do many others. Might be worth waiting until the biggest bugs are fixed and the load on the servers is reduced. Enjoy the French sun!