Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

I9-10900 two versions

Hello,

I am about due to upgrade my 5 year old system.

I have an I7-4790 processor with a GeForce 1080TI

I have a B737-800 homecockpit, with Prosim737. I have three 2K 32" monitors, clocked at 30 Hz, and it is quite good while on the air. But a lot of screen tearing while at the airports taxing.

I am planning on getting one of the new I9 processors, and a 3080 TI as soon as it gets out.

I have a question since I have seen two different processors for the i9-10900 one is a a 2.8 Ghz and the other a 3.7 Ghz. Both advertise their Turbo Boost Speed as 5.2 Ghz. Is this correct?

What would be the difference then in buying one over the other?

There is also another somewhat less expensive processor the I7-10900 3.8 Ghz with an advertised Turbo Boost of 5.1 Ghz. Is it worth to pay the difference in price? are there other things that would make the I9's better than the I7 (i.e over-clocking,) ?

Thanks

Juan

Edited by ducaud

You have a load of YouTube Benchmark videos, and if you plan to OC your CPU you need the K version, and a new motherboard Z490

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg