Ron Attwood

16GB RAM

G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200 CL 16 16 16 36,  2x8GB kit

Posted in UK

Just checked the price of new - £120!

Yours for £50

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

SOLD! Thank you. It's late here now, I'll put it in the post tomorrow 1st class.

You've got them already? Fantastic service by our brave Post Office guys 'n' gals.

Let me know how you get on.

Oh crumbs! I'm sorry they don't fit. Are you sure you have them the right way round? If you are certain, don't worry, there IS a solution.

From the end with the longest section of contact points,(the copper coloured bits) take a pair of pliers and nip off the required amount so that they line up with the slot on the motherboard. I think you'll find they'll work just fine.

BTW, I bought a new pair of trainers with the money. Thanks again. 👍

• Like 1

The guy sent the ram back saying he couldn't get it to work despite his following my instructions. Some people are beyond help. 🙄

Anyway the RAM is now back up for sale.

NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE>

How can they not fit? RAM has a standard sizing for desktop motherboards. Sorry to hear of your extra hassle.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

10 minutes ago, pgde said:

How can they not fit? RAM has a standard sizing for desktop motherboards. Sorry to hear of your extra hassle.

Have you read the whole thread?

I've got to say I wouldn't be keen cutting a pcb so can't blame them wanting to return it. Many years since I've put a stick in but they were all the same length back then. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cat3b2013 said:

I've got to say I wouldn't be keen cutting a pcb so can't blame them wanting to return it. Many years since I've put a stick in but they were all the same length back then. 

🤣 This gets better.

The worst part of this sorry tale is that I had to take the trainers back and get a refund. Very embarrassing!

A slight amendment to the thread title. As a matter of interest I installed the said RAM back into my machine and it now registers just under 14GB RAM so I'm knocking a tenner off the price. It's now £40. A bargain if ever I saw one!

Can you nip off another 0,5 GB. I already have 114,5 Gb in my system and it supports 128 GB max. I have as good as new trainers for trade. Deal?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

🤣 This gets better.

Indeed. Considering I've worked on mini computers where I've been programming onto punch tape, put several pc's together for friends, made token ring cables etc I still wouldnt be taking side cutters to a pcb.

Just saying it's not on to be mocking the guy for not wanting to do so. We all have different abilities and comfort levels. Let's be nice on here..we all love flight simulations 😀

Words fail me. What is wrong with cutting a bit of superfluous copper off a component that's too long? Don't tell me you've never done it in all your years of computer building.

EDIT: And flight simulation has nothing to do with this. The guy wanted the ram so he could get better grades on his GCSEs

Edited by Ron Attwood