Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

16GB RAM

52 minutes ago, L56 said:

Can you nip off another 0,5 GB. I already have 114,5 Gb in my system and it supports 128 GB max. I have as good as new trainers for trade. Deal?

Sounds very feasible to me. Just to be on the safe side, I'll nip a couple of more bits off and check how much RAM is left. If I chop too much off I can always solder it back on again, no problem.

What brand are the trainers?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I need a little more RAM capacity. Can I have the bits that you snipped off? I figure if I soldered them on to my existing RAM sticks, which are too short, I'd be good to go for MSFS.

Thanks,

Theodore

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

8 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

I need a little more RAM capacity. Can I have the bits that you snipped off? I figure if I soldered them on to my existing RAM sticks, which are too short, I'd be good to go for MSFS.

Thanks,

Theodore

Thank God! Someone with at least the basic knowledge of electronics. Ted, I'll fish them out of the bin and post them off you F.O.C.

10 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Words fail me. What is wrong with cutting a bit of superfluous copper off a component that's too long? Don't tell me you've never done it in all your years of computer building.

EDIT: And flight simulation has nothing to do with this. The guy wanted the ram so he could get better grades on his GCSEs

Aha. I didn't get the joke, sorry! I hope they were gracious about taking the trainers back with the toe section cut off so they fit better! 

What was the guys actual problem?

8 hours ago, Cat3b2013 said:

What was the guys actual problem?

There wasn't 'a guy'. After 180 odd views and no bites I decided to have some fun. Some you win, some you lose. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Thank God! Someone with at least the basic knowledge of electronics. Ted, I'll fish them out of the bin and post them off you F.O.C.

Thanks for the bits Ron. They solved my "does not meet minimum RAM requirements" error when trying to install MSFS. Unfortunately now I am getting another error: "Operating system is too secure, downgrade to Windows 10. Installer could not find datacollector.exe, contactsaggregator.exe, browsertracker.exe, and passwordstealer.exe". If it ain't one thing its another.

I also appreciate you noticing and commenting on my prowess in electronics. I must share the accolades and admit that, like most Avsim forum users, I learned everything I know from the many You Tube video experts.  Most credit has to go to my cousin Red:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxCP1Ttel4

• Like 2

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I love this thread.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I love this thread.

And we love you Dave. ❤️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

Most credit has to go to my cousin Red:

Aah, you learn from the best. 👍

Oh, while I think about it, why should you be the only one that Microsoft doesn't know when you go to the John (or should that be john?) Get 10ed up boy!

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 2