Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

MSFS Live Stream Tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Now that's just strange. All animated doors need is just like every other animation: a pivot point that is aligned properly, and a few lines of code to drive it.

its much more complicated, alot of additional work regardig texturing have do be done, its easier to let the doors closed 😉 in my experience 1 day work incl. animation for one door and then it have to be bind to the whole system, incl network because of multiplayer.

- will i be able to switch planes without going to main menu?

- is there going to be a replay function?

- tropical water like in the trailers?

1 minute ago, archipelago said:

- will i be able to switch planes without going to main menu?

- is there going to be a replay function?

- tropical water like in the trailers?

Yes to replay function, yes to tropical water in trailers. Both are coming eventually without release dates. The tropical water atm is based on real Bing depth data, but a lot of that data is corrupted in the world and in those places it defaults to deep. Going through and manually fixing many of those places.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bonchie said:

This has been a frustration in the beta. We keep telling them that this is a world-wide issue that needs to be handled at the macro level (i.e. a global tree height limit) and they keep saying "send us pictures of individual areas."

Misinterpretation of certain ground features by the AI is also a problem, when it puts trees in areas that don't have trees, and in some cases, don't have vegetation at all. Wait till you see the forests of Iceland. 

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

its much more complicated, alot of additional work regardig texturing have do be done, its easier to let the doors closed

@Nedo68 - I've been modeling and programming for flight simulators for nearly twenty-five years, so I do know just how much work is required. It's not the modeling task that's preventing the door operation...

...it is that they have not written the core sim's token variables and event commands for the doors apparently.

Texture wise, both the exterior and interior are already done, so all that is left would be the edges of the doors; a rather trivial task...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Misinterpretation of certain ground features by the AI is also a problem, when it puts trees in areas that don't have trees, and in some cases, don't have vegetation at all. Wait till you see the forests of Iceland. 

I'm in the beta, though I haven't went to Iceland.

But I'm much more forgiving of AI mistakes like that. I don't expect them to hand annotate and fix the whole planet. But limiting the tree height on a macro level should be expected given how big of an issue it is around airports.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bonchie said:

The simple answer is that they simply shouldn't have 300 foot tall trees in the asset library.

This is something that boggles my mind as well. Why do they even have these types of trees if the tree height data is impossible to get? Just like with water depth defaulting to deep if no accurate data is available they should go for average tree height if they have no data available.

• Like 1

I missed almost all of it at work.... so here's the link to the recording

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/709153754

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Did they talk about the night lighting?  I might have missed that.    disregard, they didn't....big miss for us.  No one asked in chat

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I wonder if the lack of opening doors applies to default aircraft only?  Ie does the sim allow 3PDs to add opening doors?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

I wonder if the lack of opening doors applies to default aircraft only?  Ie does the sim allow 3PDs to add opening doors?

Unknown at this time...SDK still a work in progress I gather.

Semper Fi 

2 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

They contacted every airline in an effort to get their liveries and just need to wait for a response to get them licensed! Sounds like airlines aren't being very responsive.

That’s gotta be impossible surely. I mean how many airlines are there!?