Sign in to follow this  
Canine Crew

ORBX MSFS pre-ownership sale

Posted (edited)

Hello,

ORBX appear to be having a sale (25%) on all products that will be available at launch in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Essentially you would buy it now 25% cheaper and would then only pay the 40% upgrade (40% of the original price), rather than paying full price if you didn't previously own it before MSFS launch. (They explain it a lot better than I do.) Good if you have any airports you want to nab now.

Also, I've attatched a link detailing the products that will be available upon release so you don't have to browse the entire website.

https://fselite.net/news/orbx-previews-products-coming-to-microsoft-flight-simulator-and-new-pricing/

Enjoy and stay safe,

Canine

Edited by Canine Crew
Clarification
  • Like 1

Seems ORBX has scaled back their discount percentages as there was a time they were offering 50 percent off all their products.

Pity as we could definitely use their previous discount policy at these uncertain times.

Just an observation.

Herman😏

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | P3Dv4.5HF3

4 hours ago, Hauer said:

Seems ORBX has scaled back their discount percentages as there was a time they were offering 50 percent off all their products.

Pity as we could definitely use their previous discount policy at these uncertain times.

Just an observation.

Herman😏

Uhm no, they still do that on the sales they usually have around may and around end of the year... This is extra. 

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like Malmo is on that list. 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Wake me up when they've got Barton in the new sim.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Doesn't make sense to buy in FSX/P3D just to get the MSFS discount - you will still pay more than list price overall.

So only buy now if you actually want the FSX/P3D version.
I stopped buying Xplane/P3D add-ons the moment I got into the program...sadly a week after P3Dv5 etc etc etc...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Doesn't make sense to buy in FSX/P3D just to get the MSFS discount - you will still pay more than list price overall.

So only buy now if you actually want the FSX/P3D version.
I stopped buying Xplane/P3D add-ons the moment I got into the program...sadly a week after P3Dv5 etc etc etc...

Agreed, only make use of the current ORBX special if you definitely want it for FSX/P3D/XP as well, otherwise you will pay more overall. Personally I don't see why anyone will still buy scenery for FSX or P3D with FS2020 on the doorstep and looking so much better. (Glad I resisted getting P3D v5, will skip it altogether and go straight to FS2020.)

Just to give an example of the different costing options, using EGNM Leeds Bradford as an example (converting from AU$ to US$, so there may be some rounding errors):

Option A (buy FSX/P3D version now, get 25% discount and then buy FS2020 version at 40% discount):

FSX/P3D version US$23.60, 25% discount US$17.73, then FS2020 version US$17.99, 40% discount US$10.79. Total cost US$28.52

Option B (wait and buy only FS2020 version on/shortly after release):

- FS2020 version US$17.99. Total cost US$17.99

Option C (for the lucky few of us who already have FSX/P3D/XP version):

- FS2020 version US$17.99, automatic 40% discount US$10.79. Total cost US$10.79 (plus whatever paid in the past)

Option D (only for the wise and the patient; buy FS2020 version when it goes on sale in a year's time):

- FS2020 version on sale US$17.99, at 50% discount US$9.00. Total cost US$9.00

Edited by rooitou

i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz, ASUS Strix Z270G M/B, GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift S, Windows 10 64-bit

3 hours ago, keithb77 said:

27 minutes ago, rooitou said:

Option D (only for the wise and the patient; buy FS2020 version when it goes on sale in a year's time):

Well, I guess it depends (tm). I really wanted to fly a decent 747. Up to a few weeks ago I was on X-Plane, which doesn't have a decent 747 (IMHO). I was gifted the PMDG 747 QOTS II by a friend and decided to go with P3D v5 as I had no previous P3D version. I also opted for the Orbx Global Base, Vectors, Buildings and LC Europe to have it look acceptable.

The PMDG 747 won't be ported to MFS for quite some time, they announced the 737NGXu for MFS as the first PMDG product for MFS, which means I'll be on P3D for quite some time.

Sure, if you only do GA I guess you should stop buying addons now and wait for MFS to release.

Another thing I take into account is: what are the destinations for the VA's you fly for, if any. If say EGNM is not in their schedules, it's kind of pointless to buy it either way (for me).

I think everyone has their own strategy for their addons and sims. Quite a puzzle sometimes  🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hauer said:

...we could definitely use their previous discount policy at these uncertain times

I agree. All this uncertainty about MSF flight modelling/ATC/Which devs are going to join. The list is endless. My head spins with it all. Oh the uncertainty of it all! Not to mention which version should we buy....Save us!

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.

- Elvis Presley

My Paints On MediaFire

Has ORBX said if they are going to update their products to current time before releasing them on MSFS?

STS is modeled before the RWY was extended.  What's the point of using ORBX (or any payware airport) if it makes the sims update-to-date model/database outdated?

Aaron Ortega

Posted (edited)

I love how ORBX is gonna have EGLC out for MSFS soon but to this day hasn't managed to update it to make it compatible with P3D v5.

Typical ORBX recently tbh. Very unhappy with all the issues surrounding their P3D5 compatibilities.

Edited by flycln