Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

2D Panels...PFD...MFD?

I have yet to see any in preview vids. Are there 2D popup panels for G1000 PFD, MFD etc.?

Nothing is 2D anymore

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

12 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I have yet to see any in preview vids. Are there 2D popup panels for G1000 PFD, MFD etc.?

In the AVSIM interview, they said not now, but planned for the future. Aso said the engine is capable of that.

if not , I’m sure 3PD’s will make gauges. At least I know I will try as soon as I can get my hands onto the SDK, and add some of my home brewed gauges.

Edited by RamonB
  • Upvote 1

So, you can import FSX/P3D aircraft, but all the popup panels will be gone?

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, dilore said:

So, you can import FSX/P3D aircraft, but all the popup panels will be gone?

Nobody confirm yet, that we can import FSX/P3D aircraft at all.

Asobo have confirmed in interviews that you will be able to import some aircraft.  to my knowledge, it hasn’t been testable yet (but I don’t have the beta anyway)

1 hour ago, Slides said:

Nothing is 2D anymore

Can you elaborate on that? Can you please point us to your official source that confirms this? When you say "nothing", does that count for addon a/c as well? I.e. have PMDG removed all their 2D popup panels from the NGXu?

2D panels are pretty significant for cockpit builders or anyone else just wanting to display panels and gauges on separate screens.

1 hour ago, Slides said:

Nothing is 2D anymore

I know a few people whose personalities are 1D. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, NickBo said:

Can you elaborate on that? Can you please point us to your official source that confirms this? When you say "nothing", does that count for addon a/c as well? I.e. have PMDG removed all their 2D popup panels from the NGXu?

2D panels are pretty significant for cockpit builders or anyone else just wanting to display panels and gauges on separate screens.

Even the 2D panels are in 3D

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

5 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

I hope not. Let's leave the old tech behind.

In an interview with the developers the question was asked about multi monitor support and it was mentioned you can create windows for the panels and they can be put on separate monitors if you like. The world can not yet be spread over multiple monitors. Also in the feature series on cockpits this was mentioned ... but not shown. Indeed I've not seen any video confirming if this is already implemented.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

On 8/13/2020 at 12:29 PM, Ricardo41 said:

I hope not. Let's leave the old tech behind.

Old tech? Glass cockpits aren't exactly new, but that's what's used in all airliners and most modern GA these days.

Can you show us any real life modern a/c with a PFD that isn't a 2d panel on a regular computer screen?

On 8/13/2020 at 10:10 AM, Slides said:

Even the 2D panels are in 3D

I don't even know what you mean by this.

Again, the question was about individual 2d popups, not the entire 2d cockpit. That's a huge difference.

Luckilly your statement "Nothing is 2d anymore" turned out to be false.