Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Give them an inch......

3 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Next week, we'll have a flood of people commenting that their town does not, in fact, look like a rainforest.

They've already implemented the green new deal.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Trees blocking the ends of runways?  Wow, we've never seen anything like THAT before!  😄 

Hook

• Like 6

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I personally like the YouTube comments regarding the exorbitant $10 to upgrade London. They range from conspiracy that MS left it unfinished for paid dlc, to admonishing MS for releasing an unfinished half-baked sim. 

Ah the entitlement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There will also be a meltdown because the taxiways signs on the airports are not accurate to real life.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 hour ago, Slides said:

There will also be a meltdown because the taxiways signs on the airports are not accurate to real life.

Possibly because they were... procedurally generated! 😄  You know, just like some people want the entire sim done. 🙂 

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Seeing that MS plans on regular updates every couple of months, I have no qualms at all about issues that are brought up.

I've been off flying in IL-2 Sturmovick since taking a hiatus from civilian simming in 2016, and that platform gets similar regular updates.  It's a wonderful experience seeing the sim consistently improve with each regular update that brings improvements to the core engine along with any new DLC, it's now better in every way from what it once was (and it was pretty good to begin with).   All the more reason to buy DLC and keep the development stream going.

So, reading and hearing about things like flight models, shrubberies, signs, you name it, just has me thinking that those who are overly concerned about it are just used to the old way of doing things, when you bought CD's and maybe if you were lucky got one or two patches and that was that.  Here in the 21st century, things are much more dynamic and beneficial to the consumer with a constantly evolving product - as long as the dev team is employed, and also as long as they are engaged and enthusiastic with the project and a supportive customer base as well.   

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Taxiway signs are kinda important to flight.....    My issue is simply if you're going to supply them than A) make them correct as they were in FSX, P3D etc, or B) supply us some means via map to navigate the procedurally assigned ones.  Absent those one of those two,  good luck getting to your runway, or your assigned parking spot on the return.....

11 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

Not a whole community, if I see, only one person has continuous problem with the trees 🙂 . I think, because he wasn't in forest for a long time 🙂 . Only one, but is very loudly screaming 🙂

hahaha..  this almost killed me. Felt those trees falling on me. 

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Matthews, the ultimate influencer 🤣.

Lest we not forget that we have @MatthewS to thank for undulations...so there's that.

Chris

8 minutes ago, bszuch said:

Taxiway signs are kinda important to flight.....    My issue is simply if you're going to supply them than A) make them correct as they were in FSX, P3D etc, or B) supply us some means via map to navigate the procedurally assigned ones.  Absent those one of those two,  good luck getting to your runway, or your assigned parking spot on the return.....

Navigraph just announced they will support MSFS and that will include the ability to see your airplane on the airport charts.  

22 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Coming soon, Tree Trimmer mod.

LoL 

Well, to be 'fair"  we need to stick to our tweaking tradition.  jaja

12 minutes ago, bszuch said:

B) supply us some means via map to navigate the procedurally assigned ones.

There is a popup screen that will display the complete airport's layout on a zoomable map, complete with an aircraft icon showing your position. 

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm aware of the popup map, but there are no taxiway designations on that map.  I think that is the perfect place to show them, particularly as we head into VR....

hence my option B.  As some on here think that asking for these type of things are a "meltdown", I'd be interested to hear their feedback after a week or two post the 18th

when they can't move around a busy airport on the ground.  As they are now, they look great, but have absolutely no functional purpose for the pilot that would prefer not to follow

giant neon blue arrows.

12 hours ago, Slides said:

It's pretty hilarious to see a community that has accepted cartoonish looking clouds for decades now complaining about tree height and placement in a sim that for the first time is actually doing weather simulation.

It's like people have forgotten how important weather is to flight. More than trees. 

Many people around now are too young to remember.  They don't remember how buggy FSX was upon release with everything asked for not making it into the sim.  They don't remember years of tweaking and hardware upgrades for marginal performance gains.  P3D changed all that a bit but what we had for years make me more than grateful for what's coming out now.

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2