Sign in to follow this  
vin747

I Wish I hadn't seen this video b4 buying MSFS!!!

19 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

An unrelenting hype campaign every single week for over a year telling us this will be "truly spectacular"  "ground breaking"  and "you won't need any addons" then, a week before release it is suggested that we be sure to "adjust our expectations."

Couldn't have said it any better. It's almost like a religion. And when you critisize it, you know....

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

13 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

An unrelenting hype campaign every single week for over a year telling us this will be "truly spectacular"  "ground breaking"  and "you won't need any addons" then, a week before release it is suggested that we be sure to "adjust our expectations."

You are correct. There is nothing spectacular or groundbreaking about FS2020’s cloud-based procedural generation based off global satellite data (which doesn’t need an add-on), the deep customizable weather engine (which doesn’t need an add-on), real time AI traffic with airline liveries (which doesn’t need an add-on), and a default graphics engine that blows away any competitor.

• Like 3

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but all screen capture programs cut into your performance. As one who makes videos, capturing from your screen (especially 4K) pulls down your FPS in the sim. Keep this in mind when evaluating videos that reflect frame rate in the sim.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

5 minutes ago, Doering said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but all screen capture programs cut into your performance. As one who makes videos, capturing from your screen (especially 4K) pulls down your FPS in the sim. Keep this in mind when evaluating videos that reflect frame rate in the sim.

How on earth can Microsoft possibly be allowed to release a “simulator” that can’t even run 30fps on high settings in 4K in NYC while screen-recording everything?

I demand a refund!

The sky is falling! Where's my flaming torch and pitchfork!👿

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

This thread in a nutshell:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Triggered-Memes-12.jpg

Seriously though this is getting cringy/ridiculous, just take a break, go outside and breathe some fresh air, enjoy life while waiting a few more days for the big day instead of wasting energy arguing endlessly 🙃

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, RobotRock said:

You are correct. There is nothing spectacular or groundbreaking about FS2020’s cloud-based procedural generation based off global satellite data (which doesn’t need an add-on), the deep customizable weather engine (which doesn’t need an add-on), real time AI traffic with airline liveries (which doesn’t need an add-on), and a default graphics engine that blows away any competitor.

These are all laudable achievements.  I just question their usefulness in the absence of a decent flight model or fps that allow smooth flight.

We shouldn't have to wait until some time in the future for these fundamental elements of a flight simulation program.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Couldn't have said it any better. It's almost like a religion. And when you critisize it, you know....

I see a lot of moaning, but not many solutions from you.

When they say they have their best guys working on known bugs, what do you suggest we do? Should we shut down AVSIM for a year and go fishing? Let them work out all problems before selling it?

I much rather have access to it now and live with whatever is not working. Unfortunately we cannot cherrypick features from different sims, but go with one. For most of us the total package seems to be much better if we choose Flight Simulator. You are not the only one who sees that there are things not working 100% at the moment, but you can make a choice to enjoy what is available on Tuesday. Or you can repeat missing features/bugs that they have acknowledge already. I am just not seeing how that will make any improvements.

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Name one simulator that was released without bugs and performing at 100% out of the box on release day? Perhaps in the future you should wait until a title has been released a year before you buy it. Then you wont have anything to prematurely complain about! 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

14 minutes ago, espent said:

I see a lot of moaning, but not many solutions from you.

It's not my job to offer solutions. But as a potential customer a feel like having a right to be a bit sceptical and not fall for any hype.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

10 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

These are all laudable achievements.  I just question their usefulness in the absence of a decent flight model or fps that allow smooth flight.

We shouldn't have to wait until some time in the future for these fundamental elements of a flight simulation program.

The FPS allows for smooth flight if you’re not trying to fly into NYC at 4K high settings while also screen recording.

Otherwise, tailoring the settings responsibly to your hardware, there don’t appear to be legit FPS issues. Definitely nothing like FSX at launch, which would barely run on most systems.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

It's not my job to offer solutions. But as a potential customer a feel like having a right to be a bit sceptical and not fall for any hype.

aka "I just want to moan and complain"

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Ok, so don’t fall for any hype. Don’t buy the sim on release day. Move on.

Problem solved. Your welcome!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

aka "I just want to moan and complain"

So showing up things that should be worked on is moaning and complaining? Dude....

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

So showing up things that should be worked on is moaning and complaining? Dude....

Yeah, don't suffer under the illusion of what you're doing is the constructive version of actual feedback 🙂

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB