Sign in to follow this  
aguiar

Milviz Beaver & Otter in P3Dv5

Hello,

Has someone here been able to make either(or both) the Milviz Beaver and/or the Otter work in P3Dv5?

Thanks 

Francisco Aguiar

Waiting on the Otter conversion myself. Seems Milviz has other fish to fry.

Vic green

They said on June 29th they would have the less complex simulations done in a couple of weeks. They must be all complex because they only have one done after a month and a half.  On the Milviz FB page, every time they make a announcement for a plane for MSFS (2020) someone brings up the P3D5 planes and they say they are coming.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

7 hours ago, johncott said:

They said on June 29th they would have the less complex simulations done in a couple of weeks. They must be all complex because they only have one done after a month and a half.  On the Milviz FB page, every time they make a announcement for a plane for MSFS (2020) someone brings up the P3D5 planes and they say they are coming.

John Cottreau

It seems they've let down their old clients. I was going to buy the Porter and the Turbo Otter but have held back,  with this kind of support 

• Like 5

Francisco Aguiar

Out of curiosity I installed the Milviz C310R into V5. Everything appears to work, e.g., gauges and autopilot etc.  The only apparent problem is RealLight and TrueGlass. Since these are both implementations of software by TFDi, it's unclear why they haven't been updated (Aerosoft did it relatively quickly for the Airbus A330). The textures presumably won't change, so is it only the shaders (e.g., RealLight.hlsl), that need modified?  There might be something more fundamental missing (but not obvious to me), but now really wondering what is happening with Milviz and product support. 

Edited by Gabshall

They did the B350i for V5 and it works quite well with RealLight and TrueGlass (resource hungry though) but I really miss the C310R and Porter in V5 as I like bush flying and smaller airports. Seems like most of the developers are trying to get a foot in the door with MSFS and not bothering with their existing V5 clients.

• Like 1

Johan Pienaar

45 minutes ago, pinepix62 said:

They did the B350i for V5 and it works quite well with RealLight and TrueGlass (resource hungry though) but I really miss the C310R and Porter in V5 as I like bush flying and smaller airports. Seems like most of the developers are trying to get a foot in the door with MSFS and not bothering with their existing V5 clients.

I think you're  right

Francisco Aguiar

3 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Well, this is a bit disappointing. I usually get an email notifying me of updates for the B350i, long since being a Beta member. Got nuthin' this time...

Maybe Colin and Company are indeed focused on the shiny new toy.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

14 hours ago, johncott said:

John Cottreau

Sounds like Fsim studios