Sign in to follow this  
jongsoft

boeing 737-800

6 hours ago, jongsoft said:

He guys, why isn't the boeing 737-800 added in msfs 2020. Is there someone who knows if the plane will be added in the future? I've pre orderd msfs 2020 premium

greetings

peter

The same reason there is not a default A320 in x-plane ..

ToLiss paid them off!!!!

Nah.. i just think they figured the a320 satisfied the need for that class of aircraft. Making even default planes is tough (read uses resources)

i would be so surprised if no budget 737-800 comes out.. 

Edited by Wewk584
typo

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

3 hours ago, ShawnG said:

False.  You can, indeed load a pmdg aircraft in fully running state directly on the active runway, kick the tires, light the fires, and fly it around like a big Cessna all afternoon long.  And there’s not a thing that anyone on avsim can do to stop you.  Now, why you would pay 140 dollars to do that is a different question, but all those realism modes and failures and flight management computers can be ignored or bypassed.  When I first got their stuff, 8-10 years ago, I used to fly that way all the time.

Not completely true 😉 . PMDG 737NG isn't able to follow the default built-in GPS and flight planner, so with PMDG user can't perform easy navigation, as with default 737-800 can.

4 hours ago, ShawnG said:

You can, indeed load a pmdg aircraft in fully running state directly on the active runway, kick the tires, light the fires, and fly it around like a big Cessna all afternoon long.

But you can't use the navigations system like you use it in the default aircraft. You have to know how to program the FMC in order to find your destination.

And the original poster specifically included navigation in his question.

6 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

Not completely true 😉 . PMDG 737NG isn't able to follow the default built-in GPS and flight planner, so with PMDG user can't perform easy navigation, as with default 737-800 can.

Fair.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 8:02 AM, Virtual-Chris said:

Is there really a market for $25-75 planes?

I've heard that the PMDG 737 is going to be more like $139US

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Adding a flight plan in the FMC of the PMDG 737NGX is not a massive problem. You don't have to do everything "by the book", which means that you can pick and choose waypoints at will and fly direct to them, at whatever altitude you like.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks guys for all the reactions, my first expirence  was a real motion boeing 737-800 and later on i bought xplane and learn myself to start, program and fly with this model. i have to expand my knowlidge with other airplanes when i'm using msfs 2020.

Stil it is realy nice thing when you manage to start up en fly you're route

greetings peter

Edited by jongsoft
ttype mismatch

There is one 737 available for MSFS2020 its in Eurowings colours at a site how good it is or if it works I dont know I havent downloaded it from here yet but one exists.....

FSX/P3D Eurowings Boeing 737-800W - Wizzsim.com

Edited by BritishEagle
It mentions that its msfs2020 ready but I cannot confirm it

If the A320NEO gets the treatment like the Zibo 737 in X-Plane and gets taken up as far as study level.  Then PMDG will be forced to reduce their extortionate prices, so that could be beneficial to all.

Ole'Randazo could not enter X-Plane he would have been laughed at.

I know we all would like to see the 737 in 2020 me included, I am a cargo version fan; but I hope there will be a price drop due to the larger market share provided by 2020

Edited by jaydor

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

If you love flying and flight simulation, it is silly to miss out on this just because it (currently) lacks a 737. 🙂

I want a 737 as well, but there is so much more to MSFS, and I am sure a simplified (non-study level) 737 will come!  👍

I actually think a lot of developers should consider doing a simplified version of their study level aircraft and charging less, just like with the upcoming MB339.

Both 'jump in and fly' and study level markets are there, and for people who get real taste for accuracy after an easy start, an upgrade path would be great.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, BritishEagle said:

There is one 737 available for MSFS2020 its in Eurowings colours at a site how good it is or if it works I dont know I havent downloaded it from here yet but one exists.....

FSX/P3D Eurowings Boeing 737-800W - Wizzsim.com

That's an AI repaint for P3D/FSX not MSFS.

Edited by Tuskin38

21 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's an AI repaint for P3D/FSX not MSFS.

have you tried the aircraft converter that is available? I want to give it a go but at the moment Im too busy

54 minutes ago, BritishEagle said:

have you tried the aircraft converter that is available? I want to give it a go but at the moment Im too busy

FSX ported planes are currently broken on the newest patch if they they have clickable features in the cockpit.