Sign in to follow this  
espent

Embargo lifts at 8am UK time on Friday

17 minutes ago, flying_w said:

Shame about the Cirrus Clouds, but the rest of them look incredible

Absolutely !

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Cirrus clouds was brought up and talked about on the Q and A video yesterday.. Right nearr the end they talked about weather etc and Cirrus was brought up and answered

Edited by ckukmale
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, antonvs said:

@G-RFRY Raymond, tears well in my eyes when I view your system specs.

Just to let you know 4K ULTRA can`t say more NDA not lifted.

100% Streamed.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Some of those FPS are worrying considering the high end rig and settings but as a GA flyer mainly I'm hoping its just the larger airliners that are strangling the life out of the FPS.

Plus the 3000 series is on the horizon so that should allow for even more heavy lifting.

That biker fellow hasn't got a clue what he's doing and swears too much

The Citation FPS experience is looking much better, similar FPS 40-50 both inside and outside the cockpit.  787 Cockpit must be very heavy resource user, hope that can be improved.  If the Citation FPS is good, it's likely good for any glass GA aircraft also.

From a technical viewpoint it suggests the larger the plane with a bigger cockpit = performance decrease, versus a smaller plane with smaller cockpit = performance increase.

Bigger the plane the more polygons needed to create it, bigger the cockpit the more instrumentation + polygons + CPU cycles for the instruments etc etc.

Edited by MarcG
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I think it's safe to say she isn't very impressed...

• Like 2

Bernard

I am not surprised. It's mostly a VFR sim at this point. We knew this for a long time but this is just default aircraft. Once the real plane appears on the marketplace, everything will be ok.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I wonder if there's even any kind of documentation with the sim.

It's quite worrying when you have trained pilots trying to figure out the stock airplanes by cluelessly pushing buttons and going "well, in real life, it would be doing something now."

How are regular users supposed to figure out something like the Airbus, I wonder.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

It just doesn't behave like a plane should. It's really hard to fly using the avionics.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

9 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I wonder if there's even any kind of documentation with the sim.

It's quite worrying when you have trained pilots trying to figure out the stock airplanes by cluelessly pushing buttons and going "well, in real life, it would be doing something now."

How are regular users supposed to figure out something like the Airbus, I wonder.

From what I’ve seen, the Checklist functionality shows you exactly what buttons need to be pushed, and in what over. The UI centers the camera over the current buttons and even highlights them in the cockpit.

Also, it’s clear the review embargo did not lift this morning. I saw someone who received a review copy yesterday say on Twitter that his review will be up on the 17th... 

Edited by RobotRock