Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

Will ActiveSky work with VMI twick VR?

VMI makes changes the cloud/atom when fps falls. Is this going to be in conflict with ActiveSky which is also feeding data every 15 min?  Anybody uses both together and does it work?   

Another question is I thought we were suppose to select METAR.rwx when using ActiveSky.  What I am observing is that when I choose metar file something changes it back to "Custom Weather". I haven't kept up but maybe ActiveSky no longer uses METAR.rwx?

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

VMI makes changes the cloud/atom when fps falls. Is this going to be in conflict with ActiveSky which is also feeding data every 15 min?  Anybody uses both together and does it work?   

Another question is I thought we were suppose to select METAR.rwx when using ActiveSky.  What I am observing is that when I choose metar file something changes it back to "Custom Weather". I haven't kept up but maybe ActiveSky no longer uses METAR.rwx?

WMI Twick and Active sky won't conflict in any way. VMI only affects to how the clouds are rendered while Active Sky still decides where to place them. I've been using them together for months.

Yes, you're still supposed to point X-Plane to METAR.rwx when using Active Sky. Check out their manual, it's very well written.

6 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

WMI Twick and Active sky won't conflict in any way. VMI only affects to how the clouds are rendered while Active Sky still decides where to place them. I've been using them together for months.

Yes, you're still supposed to point X-Plane to METAR.rwx when using Active Sky. Check out their manual, it's very well written.

Does your weather switches from "Custom METAR.rwx" to "Customized" after sim run for few min?

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, Sims Smith said:

Does your weather switches from "Custom METAR.rwx" to "Customized" after sim run for few min?

I can't confirm but off the top of my head I think it stays at Custom METAR.rwx. Have you checked that you're not running any plugins (NOAA etc.)?

It is working now.. I removed Termal-X and that maybe responsible.