Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Breaking news: the candourist finds the flightmodel amazing

who?

• Like 3

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

adjective

1. causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.

not necessarily good or bad...

He has his own preview copy and YT channel - and has flown most of the non airliners IRL. I don't remember which of his streams but he seems VERY happy with the flight models.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyyfkfhgG1UMz1icWGABNaw

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

He flew around the world in a Cessna a few years ago. He has some great videos of it on his channel.

• Like 8

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

3 minutes ago, espent said:

He flew around the world in a Cessna a few years ago. He has some great videos of it on his channel.

Yep - looks a bit young (but he is 26 years and that's the age of many squadron leaders in WW2 😉). He seems to know what he's talking about though and seems like a nice guy.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

In a previous video using the beta he said the FM for the X-Cub was completely wrong, so I wonder if he's tried that again in the RC. Fingers crossed it's all been largely fixed.

• Like 2

Just now, Bottle said:

In a previous video using the beta he said the FM for the X-Cub was completely wrong, so I wonder if he's tried that again in the RC. Fingers crossed it's all been largely fixed.

Another reason why we need someone to do a comparison video between the preview and the release builds so we can get a better feeling for improvements to the FM and performance.

23 minutes ago, mazex said:

Yep - looks a bit young (but he is 26 years and that's the age of many squadron leaders in WW2 😉). He seems to know what he's talking about though and seems like a nice guy.

That's only because the average Avsim user age is 57 🤣

• Like 6

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

"One Robin (no pun intended) does not a Summer make."

Don't go by a single aircraft, check them all out and let us know which ones work and which ones don't.  Some will be better than others.

Hook

PS.  Ok, that pun was most definitely intended.  So sue me. 🙂 

H.

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

But - this guy who obviously has a lot of GA hours like many of the FMs in MSFS a lot... So there is really no reason for the FM panic here lately. If they can do some of them good there is no fundamental problem in the code - it just needs tweaking and we will get tons of patches in the upcoming weeks / months / years. There is a big difference now and 15 years ago when FSX was released. Then we got a few patches spread out with months in between. These days everyone is (unfortunately) used to the fact that games get released in some kind of late Beta stage and you get patches pushed through online distributions platforms every other day/week for years. So I feel very confident that we will have decent FMs for all the default planes in a couple of months. Some of them are good already so then we will have to stick with them.

I really like the prop FM in IL2 BoX that feels realistic to me (the only "WW2 era planes" I have flown are unfortunately the Cub and the Tiger Moth that do not count). When they release new planes they can be rather wonky - but it quickly gets fixed as the underlying code is sound. When they released the P-47 recently it could turn like a Zero with the flaps down but that was naturally fixed in a couple of weeks after zillions of threads in their forums. Now it feels heavy and sluggish as it should.

• Like 3

But the secret pilot testers in the alpha have whispered in some people's ears that all hope is lost. The 18th will be interesting. 🤓

• Like 6

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I'm not that concerned about the flight dynamics, Asobo have obviously focused on it and are aware of concerns. Also as many people say they like them as say they don't like them, which is usually an indication it's just about right on something so subjective 🤣

What I am concerned about is the engine modelling, there's been no mention of it by anyone it seems.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just now, FlyingInACessna said:

This dude flew a Cessna over the Atlantic ocean. Awesome pilot. 

Or stupid. Or brave. Or a sadist. Or all four. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

support1.jpg