Sign in to follow this  
Bottle

Mechanism for feedback to Asobo?

Providing feedback/bug reports for a large technical piece of software with a very large dataset like MFS is not best served by a free-for-all on a forum. It is far better captured through dedicated software or web portals (consider Bohemia Interactive's feedback tracker; https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/)

Do we know yet;

i) what will be the mechanism for reporting feedback/bugs

ii) the level of detail they want

For instance, if we notice a beach umbrella stuck in a hotel balcony (as I saw in one beta video), is that worthy of reporting? It would be great to get a steer from Asobo on just what they would like us to report and if they have a standardised format in mind, with exemplars. Perhaps those who have been on the alpha/beta can enlighten us? If they can set up a good system, I suspect they'll have an army of dedicated software testers to take advantage of.

4 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Perhaps those who have been on the alpha/beta can enlighten us?

This is public knowledge:
Our main purpose was to Stress Test the servers.
other couple things (the insider FAQ page is now gone)
and lastly Bug reporting. You can see for Yourself HERE. (Public Page, no need to be a tester or login to see).
Can't say more (NDA).

• Like 1

You probably will have to use the Zendesk bug reporting and feedback system. At least this is the way beta testers give feedback.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You will have to login using the email coupled to your gamertag.

The level of detail: they have a form where you can choose entries and give your request in text form. You can add files (crash reports from the windows event log, screenshots ...) and describe the steps to reproduce an error (if possible 😏).

The abovementioned beach umbrella surely is nothing you will want to report. There will be enough much more annoying things you'll have to report 😁 - not to be taken wrong: I mostly enjoyed the alpha and beta very much. It's just that Asobo raised the bar very much, and so are the expectations. As the Asobo leaders said in their latest web Q&A session, our feedback is very much appreciated. I think, a similar quality of feedback to the developers did not exist for P3D, not to mention FSX.

Hope that helps.

• Like 3

I hope they will introduce a good forum with good separated sections:

World --> regions  --> countries

Planes --> plane type --> several systems

Weather

and so on and not that current mess where all topics to all bugs are in one place

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 minutes ago, guenseli said:

I hope they will introduce a good forum with good separated sections:

This is actually overdue for a long time. It's been coming "soon" for more than a year now.

Plus, I hope they will get a number of good mods on board who do NOT edit or wildly delete unconvenient contributions but set a clear stop where things are going South. And who - I hope so - will be competent.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Closed Beta access ends on the 17th, product release 18th open forum!!

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The best thing for reporting scenery bugs would probably be a system that ties directly into the Bing Maps interface, allowing you to point out the exact position of a problem.

The official method is to post 900 times on Avsim (preferably about the same subject, such as, oooh I dunno, maybe trees?) until you get a mention in a communique. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, Chock said:

The official method is to post 900 times on Avsim (preferably about the same subject, such as, oooh I dunno, maybe trees?) until you get a mention in a communique. 🤣

Believe it or not. That might work! :sad:

• Like 2

By using Goole maps you can give the exact position, oops!! i should not say that.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Believe it or not. That might work! :sad:

Apparently so, it would seem.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here