Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Amazing Papua New Guinea

I guess that I have more hours in OrbX PNG than 99% of the people of this forum, hundreds of them with the Skylane, the Comanche and the An-2, and I like what I see in the video. It is Orbx multiplied many times over.  I am a little worried that he could land the way he did without killing himself but I suppose he had the aircraft set on easy mode or so I hope.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thanks for posting this. 99% of my sim flying is in SE Asia, Asia-Pacific and PNG looks fantastic with all those airfields, As much as I love my beloved XP11 its severely lacking in airports in some parts of the world. 

• Like 1

I have no idea how many hours I have logged messing about in a flight simulator, but I have 3950 hours in Assetto Corsa (and that's with a two year lay off between May 2018 and June 2020) :blink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This looks very fun to fly in.  Are all those little hut buildings AI generated?  It did a good job predicting the style and type for the area. 

• Like 2

I’m glad iRacing doesn’t report the hours...  AC is on my drive too, but only about 60 hours from me there.

PNG looks good!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I suppose he had the aircraft set on easy mode or so I hope.

Aircraft was set on Hard mode.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

He might have punctured a tire but you dont get a blackscreen from that 😉 

Btw if anyone is interested in bushflying in png you should definately look up missionary bushpilot on yt. Great channel, great pilot! Would also be a great opertunity to compare real life with sim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

36 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I guess that I have more hours in OrbX PNG than 99% of the people of this forum, hundreds of them with the Skylane, the Comanche and the An-2, and I like what I see in the video. It is Orbx multiplied many times over.  I am a little worried that he could land the way he did without killing himself but I suppose he had the aircraft set on easy mode or so I hope.

Looked pretty soft to me unless he landed more than once and I'm not watching the right one? Cub gear can take a lot of abuse.

12 minutes ago, Shug said:

Aircraft was set on Hard mode.

uh oh

7 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Btw if anyone is interested in bushflying in png you should definately look up missionary bushpilot on yt. 

Absolutely 

https://www.youtube.com/c/MissionarybushPilot

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Is that one of the hand crafted airports? It's in the middle of nowhere but but so amazingly detailed. 

• Like 2

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

24 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Is that one of the hand crafted airports? It's in the middle of nowhere but but so amazingly detailed. 

I am curious about this too.  Especially the wooden fencing alongside the runway and around the huts, it doesnt seem like the Azure AI would be capable of placing those objects on its own.  Papua New Guinea isn't listed as one of the handcrafted airports.  

Edited by Heli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyIce said:

Yes it is. It's WX53 Bugalaga. It's in the province of Papua, Indonesia, not Papua New Guinea.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

5 minutes ago, Shug said:

Yes it is. It's WX53 Bugalaga. It's in the province of Papua, Indonesia, not Papua New Guinea.

That one is indeed listed (in the first top 10 actually..)

Makes me wonder what the other (non hand crafted) airstrips might look like..

• Like 1

Bert