Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

What do I have to buy?

I see that I can get the deluxe premium edition on the Microsoft app store for $119.99. What else do I need besides the machine, which I have? 

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

4 minutes ago, BigT65 said:

I see that I can get the deluxe premium edition on the Microsoft app store for $119.99. What else do I need besides the machine, which I have? 

As far as I can see, nothing. Your system seems fine, you've got a HOTAS, so it looks like you're pretty well set. 

• Like 1

I thought I had seen posts about needing a subscription for streaming or game pass or something like that.

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Just now, BigT65 said:

I thought I had seen posts about needing a subscription for streaming or game pass or something like that.

Gamepass is a gaming subscription service by Microsoft. You can think of it like something similar to Netflix, just for videogames. MS Flight Simulator is included in that, so if you have a Gamepass subscription, you can play the standard edition of MSFS. However, you can also simply buy MSFS in one of its three editions, there's no need for Gamepass at all, it's just a separate option to use it.

Sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Gamepass is a gaming subscription service by Microsoft. You can think of it like something similar to Netflix, just for videogames. MS Flight Simulator is included in that, so if you have a Gamepass subscription, you can play the standard edition of MSFS. However, you can also simply buy MSFS in one of its three editions, there's no need for Gamepass at all, it's just a separate option to use it.

If you don't mind a follow-up question, don't we need a Microsoft account of some type, and if I have a MS account for an outlook.com email address already set up in Windows 10, but not used to log in with, does anyone know if that qualifies?

I know the best answer is probably "no gaurantees and we'll find out on the 18th".... just trying to get the checklist items taken care of.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Yes you will need an MS account, and if you buy MFS through the Microsoft Store you will need to login to your Windows with it. If you're buying through Steam you don't need to tie the MS account to your Windows user.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, Stoopy said:

If you don't mind a follow-up question, don't we need a Microsoft account of some type, and if I have a MS account for an outlook.com email address already set up in Windows 10, but not used to log in with, does anyone know if that qualifies?

I know the best answer is probably "no gaurantees and we'll find out on the 18th".... just trying to get the checklist items taken care of.

Honestly, I'm not sure of that myself, because I had a Microsoft account for years, which I used to log into Windows 10 and where all of my Office, Outlook and Onedrive stuff happens.

When I installed the Xbox-themed Windows gaming platform, it also used this MS account. A gamer nickname is then associated with this account, and this is your multiplayer "identity" within MSFS.

So it may be useful to keep your MS account stuff ready and make sure your passwords are  in order when MSFS uses this for its multiplayer features.

Just now, ckyliu said:

Yes you will need an MS account, and if you buy MFS through the Microsoft Store you will need to login to your Windows with it. If you're buying through Steam you don't need to tie the MS account to your Windows user.

Excellent, thank you.,  I bought through Steam.  

1TB SSD goes in this weekend!  🤘

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Just now, Der Zeitgeist said:

Honestly, I'm not sure of that myself, because I had a Microsoft account for years, which I used to log into Windows 10 and where all of my Office, Outlook and Onedrive stuff happens.

When I installed the Xbox-themed Windows gaming platform, it also used this MS account. A gamer nickname is then associated with this account, and this is your multiplayer "identity" within MSFS.

So it may be useful to keep your MS account stuff ready and make sure your passwords are  in order when MSFS uses this for its multiplayer features.

Thanks.  Fired up the exisitng account today for the first time since 2016 and did a password update.  All in good working order!

• Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

Just run it via Game Pass ... 3.99 a month with loads of other games.

In 12 to 18 months when there's decent content, and it more than just a scenery simulator.... AND you can afford a 3080Ti, then buy it from Steam.

17 hours ago, BigT65 said:

Buy Xbox gamepass for $1, and try it out before you spend a lot of money.