Sign in to follow this  
RobF2

Tracking free flights in Littlenavmap

Since learning how to get Ortho4XP working in P3D I've had a ball exploring the area around my home city.  Littlenavmap is fantastic for tracking where I am and where I've been.  

Is there some way of saving these "free flights" the log book when I haven't created a formal flightplan?  As far as I can tell they're lost as each new flight starts which is a shame.  Currently a save a screenshot from Littlenavmap along with pics taken during the flight as a record, but would be great if it was possible to have these trips and hours saved to log somehow?

Hi,

flights should be logged. Even without flight plan. 😕 Have to try this out.
Did you check the logbook search tab? Nothing should get lost there once it is recorded. Maybe the search options hide the entry or the sort order is wrong.

The next version I'm preparing also saves the track as an attached GPX file (can be saved and viewed in LNM or GoogleEarth) to the logbook entry. I guess this will help a lot.

Alex

The most recent flight plan in my logbook is from 21/6/20 for P3DV4 (even though I'm using P3DV5).  I can see the track from a flight earlier today.   Perhaps I should press the new FlightPlan button for each new flight - I guess I expected LNM was doing that itself somehow.

(Small gripes - so happy with what LNM does by the way Alex)

1 hour ago, RobF2 said:

Perhaps I should press the new FlightPlan button for each new flight

That might be the reason.

I'd like to do all this automatically (I keep forgetting things too 🙃) but this is a bit difficult. You never know what happens if the user changes airport, aircraft, fuel or other paramters.

P3DV4 is probably logged since you used the v4 scenery library (gotta check this too if there is an omission).

Alex

• Like 1