Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

Video of MFS in Singapore on GTX 1070 2560*1440

Early on one of the developers said the sim will “use as many cores as you can throw at it”. Even though the CPU utilisation is fairly low, it looks like a high core count chip will be the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

.....which brings me to another question. How well does the new MFS run with a standard quad core CPU (no hyperthreading)? I have an i5 7600k CPU @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM, and a 6GB GTX 980Ti GPU. Screen resolution is standard 1080p.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

upgraded to an i7 10700k gtx 1070ti overclocked close to 1080 performance on 1080p, any idea what to expect from any tester?.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

20 minutes ago, Bilal2104 said:

upgraded to an i7 10700k gtx 1070ti overclocked close to 1080 performance on 1080p, any idea what to expect from any tester?.

Should be mostly fine if you don't stare at the FPS counter too much. 

5 hours ago, Carts85 said:

If anyone else like me has a 1070 and is wondering how it performs here’s a video in Singapore in high settings. Overall I’m very happy with that.

Thanks for the awesome video. I also have a 1070 and was about to buy a new video card for the new sim. Now I can relax and wait for the new video cards coming out soon.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this.

This has to be my favorite MSFS video so far because he does not overlay irritating loud "music" , stays in the cockpit a lot & speaks in a calm relaxed manner. Finally, finally I can hear the engine noise of the TBM. Honestly this is the first time for me!

99% of MSFS vids I seem to click on have 1 min of sim-sound and then the speakers blow out with a concert kicking off. If I want music I'll go to Spotify 😄

Well done this guy and I'm gonna make sure I com & sub to him now. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Thanks for sharing this.

This has to be my favorite MSFS video so far because he does not overlay irritating loud "music" , stays in the cockpit a lot & speaks in a calm relaxed manner. Finally, finally I can hear the engine noise of the TBM. Honestly this is the first time for me!

99% of MSFS vids I seem to click on have 1 min of sim-sound and then the speakers blow out with a concert kicking off. If I want music I'll go to Spotify 😄

Well done this guy and I'm gonna make sure I com & sub to him now. 

I agree doesn’t try an oversell the simulator or his channel just enjoys it an makes for a very relaxing enjoyable video.

Another great thing about this video I was close to ordering a new graphics card which I can’t really afford right now and this has put me at ease and to hang off for a while.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1070 gang is happy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

2 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Another great thing about this video I was close to ordering a new graphics card which I can’t really afford right now and this has put me at ease and to hang off for a while.

Which card do you have?

I have an even lower card than his - GTX 1060 6GB VRAM so Im not gonna get the sim until I get a new Ryzen 9 beast machine. My current PC is now 12 years old, 1st gen Core i7 920 lol.

4 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Which card do you have?

I have an even lower card than his - GTX 1060 6GB VRAM so Im not gonna get the sim until I get a new Ryzen 9 beast machine. My current PC is now 12 years old, 1st gen Core i7 920 lol.

I’ve got a 1070.

You know If I was you I’d still get it, not sure if you’ve seen this guy but he has a modest system 6gb card like you and it doesn’t look at all bad. Worst case just try it out on the game pass that way nothing lost, am sure it will still be visually better than any Sim out there.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

...not sure if you’ve seen this guy but he has a modest system 6gb card like you and it doesn’t look at all bad. Worst case just try it out on the game pass that way nothing lost, am sure it will still be visually better than any Sim out there.

Thanks for that, another nice video, no blaring music and relaxed commentary. Useful info , he goes through each menu item.

I have to admit something that 99% of simmers will find shocking - I am not a fan of photo-scenery.

I've avoided all ortho and similar photo based stuff in FSX & XP11. This is mainly because I fly low & slow. Being so close to photo-scenery shows me all the downsides of it (they are visible in that video starting at 0:58 to 1:10, the flat stationary images of the cars on the freeway & in the parking areas from the satellite photo)

But now I have to face the reality that this next gen sim is basically global photo scenery. I was hoping that in total Offline Mode it would revert to a landclass style but as AFAIK that is not the case. When the sim comes out I will request footage of Offline Mode to have a look! 

I will still end up getting it though, I suppose I will just get used to scooting around over Bing!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Thanks for that, another nice video, no blaring music and relaxed commentary. Useful info , he goes through each menu item.

I have to admit something that 99% of simmers will find shocking - I am not a fan of photo-scenery.

I've avoided all ortho and similar photo based stuff in FSX & XP11. This is mainly because I fly low & slow. Being so close to photo-scenery shows me all the downsides of it (they are visible in that video starting at 0:58 to 1:10, the flat stationary images of the cars on the freeway & in the parking areas from the satellite photo)

But now I have to face the reality that this next gen sim is basically global photo scenery. I was hoping that in total Offline Mode it would revert to a landclass style but as AFAIK that is not the case. When the sim comes out I will request footage of Offline Mode to have a look! 

I will still end up getting it though, I suppose I will just get used to scooting around over Bing!

I get what your saying. It certainly has its drawbacks especially in some parts of the world where the photo imagery is shall we say, lacking. But I think with this sim, it’s so much more than just ortho everywhere.

With the use of the custom auto-gen the insane lighting capabilities and not to mention the weather gives us that overall look of an amazing simulator.

I think over the next couple of years as we see improved bing data and better use of the blackshark AIs ability to learn we will hopefully see less an less of those annoying traits (cars/sunken boats/ships) etc.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

I'm with you on that.  Photo scenery only looks good above a certain altitude.

But with MSFS, that photo scenery has reasonable buildings and vegetation, including grass where appropriate if you get low enough to see it.

Yeah, parking lots may have painted-on cars, marinas might have flat boats, there will be things you'll just have to overlook.  Eventually that might get fixed.

Heck, my car parked next to my house is just a flat black rectangle in MSFS!  Somehow I didn't care, still being mind-blown by the ability to find my house at all in a flight sim.

Hook 

• Like 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 hours ago, Julia said:

It shows 25 to 30 fps in ultra and it's smooth and beautiful.

sure, but what was the altitude, pilot view (vc or external) and scene being rendered at the time?...everyone seems to forget that this makes all the difference, not to mention your AI traffic settings.

Do that test in cockpit view at KJFK on short final with thunderstorms/rain and AI ground and air traffic turned on and youll likely be in the teens.

Edited by hangar