Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

Video of MFS in Singapore on GTX 1070 2560*1440

20 minutes ago, hangar said:

Do that test at KJFK on short final with thunderstorms/rain and AI ground and air traffic turned on and youll likely be in the teens.

Not having a dig but what are you basing this assumption on? 

Apart from the AI on the ground which is a known FPS eater whatever your card, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone show a 1070 struggling in the FPS teens. To add there’s no doubt you have to manage your settings appropriately and make cutbacks here an there I think that’s the case even if you have a 2080ti so I think the 25/30fps was given as a general average obviously they’ll be some dips here an there as you would see with any card.

Edited by Carts85

True, Carter. And all of this said, Ultra is really not absolutely necessary. With settings at High it's still very pretty and you can always adjusting the things by putting off some settings
like ambient occlusion, the difference will not be big, really not. You can also put at High, then pushing at Ultra some settings, all the doors are open for getting something you'll like.

Anyway, in my opinion, if you have a 1070 GTX, you can go for it, you'll not be frustrated.

• Like 6

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

28 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone show a 1070 struggling in the FPS teens.

You haven't seen every video then. I don't have link handy but there's a YT video out here (in fact it was posted in one of the threads here at Avsim a few days ago) which depicts a 2080 struggling in teens at KJFK. Make no mistake, this sim will eat your current hardware for breakfast and then some of you aren't willing to give & take as far as your settings.

I believe, as in all other versions of the series, that as long as you keep your overhead reasonable and use good common sense that most people with modern hardware are going to be fine.

That being said, you just know on release day there will be 4k'ers out here complaining about stutters and fps with everything maxed out to the hilt, instead of turning some things off as it will need to be.

7 hours ago, Slides said:

That's also because every core is being used unlike our other friendly sims. 

Any comment on whether enabling Hyperthreading has any impact then (positive or negative)?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Any comment on whether enabling Hyperthreading has any impact then (positive or negative)?

Taken from a tester at another forum:-

Yes, the main thing is to turn hyperthreading to turn ON and Threaded Optimization to ON in nvidia control panel, when i was using XP i had to turn it OFF because you know XP does not utilize the threads properly and there was massive FPS drop, when you turn HT on. Yes there will be a huge improvement in FPS with all those graphics. I still can't believe how did they achieve this level of performance with this level of graphics!.

• Like 4

CPU does become a bottleneck on higher settings if it is mismatched with the GPU.

For example my i5 6600K OC would bottleneck my 1080Ti somewhat as it would hit 100% usage.

1 hour ago, Julia said:

True, Carter. And all of this said, Ultra is really not absolutely necessary. With settings at High it's still very pretty and you can always adjusting the things by putting off some settings
like ambient occlusion, the difference will not be big, really not. You can also put at High, then pushing at Ultra some settings, all the doors are open for getting something you'll like.

Anyway, in my opinion, if you have a 1070 GTX, you can go for it, you'll not be frustrated.

I seen a comparison video of ultra vs high settings and you’re right Julia! You could barely spot the difference, I will be happy on high settings.

1 hour ago, hangar said:

You haven't seen every video then. I don't have link handy but there's a YT video out here (in fact it was posted in one of the threads here at Avsim a few days ago) which depicts a 2080 struggling in teens at KJFK. Make no mistake, this sim will eat your current hardware for breakfast and then some of you aren't willing to give & take as far as your settings.

I believe, as in all other versions of the series, that as long as you keep your overhead reasonable and use good common sense that most people with modern hardware are going to be fine.

That being said, you just know on release day there will be 4k'ers out here complaining about stutters and fps with everything maxed out to the hilt, instead of turning some things off as it will need to be.

I think you’ve already answered the question there and your right, apply some common sense and expect some give an take in your settings and you’ll be fine. My monitor is only a 1080p so I’m pretty hopeful especially seeing that video and speaking to some of you in here today.

Edited by Carts85

8 hours ago, Julia said:

I confirm also, using a 1070 GTX under a Sony Bravia (3840x2160) 4K screen... It shows 25 to 30 fps in ultra and it's smooth and beautiful.

The computer is a i7-7700k CPU 4.20 GHz - 16 mb RAM

WOAH this is what I was waiting to hear! GTX 1070 and an i7-6700 with 32GB ram and 4K! If I can run this most of the time at 30 FPS on high I’ll be satisfied!

• Like 2

Another video showing a 1070/i5/32gb ram at 1080p. Very solid FPS all set to high.

11 hours ago, Carts85 said:

If anyone else like me has a 1070 and is wondering how it performs here’s a video in Singapore in high settings. Overall I’m very happy with that.

See this is the type of worthwhile review that really should be happening more. If you’re the video creator, thank you. Finally someone who knows what they’re doing, knows how to fly an airplane, and gives us a good review of how the sim performs. Wonderful video. Subscribed, and thank you! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

See this is the type of worthwhile review that really should be happening more. If you’re the video creator, thank you. Finally someone who knows what they’re doing, knows how to fly an airplane, and gives us a good review of how the sim performs. Wonderful video. Subscribed, and thank you! 

I’m just the middle man so I can’t take the credit but I agree, really good review and I hope it reassures a few of us guys on the lower hardware an maybe saves people a few quid.

• Like 1

You'll notice in the video that on the runway he begins with around 25fps in the little cessna, and there are no clouds needing to be rendered. Throw in a larger aircraft with more poly's in the cockpit and more gauges, and some bad weather clouds and rain needing to be drawn (not to mention some moving AI on the taxiways) and you get the picture. The exact scene being rendered is of utmost importance...especially on short final approach when you're low to the ground and the entire airport is being rendered at once in your windscreen, instead of your viewpoint being upward into the sky as he shows it after take-off (which also is why his fps goes up to 40 in that scene).

Another very important point here is that we need to stop looking at only the fps number on the screen and start paying better attention to the smoothness of his views out the window which, especially in turns, is obviously choppy much of the time...especially considering these are default planes.

You really have to "read between the lines"...you can get this sort of performance too, but will you be happy with it on final approach? yes some will certainly...many won't. It depends upon the situation and how smooth and exacting you need things to be and feel in the moment. Down low on final approach will always yield the lowest frames, which is just when you want the best fps you can get typically. Pointing up or flying at higher altitudes will always give you better fps (which is not when you will care too much).

All I'm saying is...we're all going to need to work this out for ourselves after release according to our own requirements/needs when it comes to smoothness & performance. We need to be careful and be aware of things like this when judging video scenes. It's never a cut & dry affair.

I can nearly guarantee that, as always, we will not be able to have our cake and eat it too.

Edited by hangar

9 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I’m just the middle man so I can’t take the credit but I agree, really good review and I hope it reassures a few of us guys on the lower hardware an maybe saves people a few quid.

I’ve got a stock 8700K and a 1080, and if I get better performance than this I will certainly be satisfied!

10 minutes ago, hangar said:

The exact scene being rendered is of utmost importance...

The scene in the Singapore video about halfway through he’s flying low an slow over an airport (assume Singapore) in a highly densed area an it’s a stable 25/30fps. I understand that was a Tbm not an a320 but it’s been mentioned a few times that the jets aren’t optimised well, not yet anyway so I don’t think we know how well they may perform in a few months is all am saying. What I’ve seen so far when you add it all up, is pretty good, amazing infact for a simulator that’s not even been released yet.

• Like 1