Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

Video of MFS in Singapore on GTX 1070 2560*1440

If anyone else like me has a 1070 and is wondering how it performs here’s a video in Singapore in high settings. Overall I’m very happy with that.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing! I have a 1070 with a 4k monitor and this gives me hope!!! If I have to step down to 2k so be it - looks like the performance is great.

• Like 2

Well, it's kinda more than just the performance of the GPU. He has sixteen CPU threads!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Well, it's kinda more than just the performance of the GPU. He has sixteen CPU threads!!

From what we’ve seen the GPU appears to be the bottleneck with many reporting the CPU not being under any real stress.

I can confirm that. I'm running the Beta on a 3900x with a 1070Ti on 1440p with G-Sync, and it mostly feels smooth, if you're not too obsessed with the FPS numbers game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I can confirm that. I'm running the Beta on a 3900x with a 1070Ti on 1440p with G-Sync, and it mostly feels smooth, if you're not too obsessed with the FPS numbers game. 

Your CPU has 12 cores compared to my 4790k with a measly 4. How utilised is your cpu?

Looks like my 3700x and 1080ti should be able to run this with little problems

Still I will adopt a "Wait and See" approach with the sim, still too many game-breaking bugs for my taste.

If similar performance with a 1440p ultrawide will be achievable in the final build I will be more than happy.

Edit: Could you please do a fly-over at NYC in the 747-8 for example (same settings) and report back on frames? That would be a good performance test. Oh I see it's not your video.

Edited by armchair_pilot
  • Like 1

I confirm also, using a 1070 GTX under a Sony Bravia (3840x2160) 4K screen... It shows 25 to 30 fps in ultra and it's smooth and beautiful.

The computer is a i7-7700k CPU 4.20 GHz - 16 mb RAM

• Like 7

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

Just now, Julia said:

I confirm also, using a 1070 GTX under a Sony Bravia (3840x2160) 4K screen... It shows 25 to 30 fps in ultra and it's smooth and beautiful.

That’s pretty reassuring Julia... Am more than happy with that sort of performance 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

From what we’ve seen the GPU appears to be the bottleneck with many reporting the CPU not being under any real stress.

That's also because every core is being used unlike our other friendly sims. 

• Like 4

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

18 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Your CPU has 12 cores compared to my 4790k with a measly 4. How utilised is your cpu?

CPU is at around 20% overall, and that is with various eco and power saving BIOS functions on, because I had to use the PC to work from home during the COVID-19 lockdown and it was running all day long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julia said:

Interesting, do you have HT on as well? I had to turn it off because I did't see any benefit of it in P3D/XP11 and in fact it makes the temp of my CPU goes up a bit. I have i9-9900K

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Moved to it's own thread...

Edited by mazex
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

It’s a refreshing video because his commentary is not full of hyperbole and he has a calm presence. Good level headed analysis also.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1