Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

MSFS

Ah, so you ARE talking about MSFS!

However, according to your logic, than any MSFS releases next year, you will call FS2021?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Just now, RobotRock said:

The brand-new Flight Simulator from Microsoft and Asobo that releases on August 18, 2020.

Ok, but how I can know, that you don't write about the brand new Aerofly2 from 2020 year, what is called FS2020 too? 🙂

This thread is ridiculous.

Yes, the sim is called MSFS / Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Yes, it is irrational to start a thread making fun of those who address it based on the year (which has always been a convention since the series began).

Can someone lock this now?

Edited by FlyingInACessna

Will this inane insanity lessen or intensify on the release date of "The New Flightsim" (Official name). ✈️

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

16 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Ok, but how I can know, that you don't write about the brand new Aerofly2 from 2020 year, what is called FS2020 too? 🙂

Yeah, how does one know you aren't talking about something under a completely different name, a sim called Aerofly when you use an abbreviation that isn't even closely related, when that sim wasn't even released in 2020. Man it's so confusing to be a human sometimes!

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

This thread is ridiculous.

Yes, the sim is called MSFS / Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Yes, it is irrational to start a thread making fun of those who address it based on the year (which has always been a convention since the series began).

Can someone lock this now?

It is becoming more and more likely!  

Film at 11!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'm still debating whether to call it just "Simzilla" or "Simzilla 2020"

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

9 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Yeah, how does one know you aren't talking about something under a completely different name, a sim called Aerofly when you use an abbreviation that isn't even closely related, when that sim wasn't even release in 2020. Man it's so confusing to be a human sometimes!

And this is the reason, why everybody should use the correct name and not their own fabrications 🙂 .

1 minute ago, ludekbrno said:

And this is the reason, why everybody should use the correct name and not their own fabrications 🙂 .

I think you failed to catch the sarcasm there, buddy. Also, as pointed out, Aerofly wasn't even close to being released in 2020, so I think I'm getting closer to why these abbreviations confuse certain people 🙂

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Not sure why this is so controversial. Adding the year of release to a media property that shares a name with other properties in the same format or even different formats isn't new or controversial. Doom (2016), Airport films, Dune (2020 film). If you go the Wikipedia page of MSFS2020 what do you see? *gasp* https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_(2020_video_game). Noooo! So 2020 AND they have the gall of calling it a video game! Inconceivable. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sethos said:

I think you failed to catch the sarcasm there, buddy. Also, as pointed out, Aerofly wasn't even close to being released in 2020, so I think I'm getting closer to why these abbreviations confuse certain people 🙂

Ok, sorry. English isn't my native language 😉 .

Aerofly FS 2020 packs in more features, improvements, and detail than ever before in the series with now over 200 airports from all over California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado to land at and with over 300,000 square miles to fly over you will always find something new.

Sethos, it has been released!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

20 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I'm still debating whether to call it just "Simzilla" or "Simzilla 2020"

Zilla20 sounds about right

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

38 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Ah, so you ARE talking about MSFS!

However, according to your logic, than any MSFS releases next year, you will call FS2021?

How ironic you lecture us on nomenclature then use MSFS, when the acronym is MFS for the new sim, as used by the developers.

Also, something about changing stuck records...

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Zilla20 sounds about right

Zilla2020 vs Rodan and Mothra 1959.  That should cover all bases.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron