Sign in to follow this  
KillerKlient

What time is the release going to happen?

So as we are close now, I am wondering if anyone knows what time the release is going to happen.  I remember Microsoft advertising you will be able to pre-load the game if you pre-order it or get the Xbox Game Pass, but it seems that is not the case anymore?

So does anyone know what time we will actually be able to start the download and what time it will actually be playable?

5 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

So does anyone know what time we will actually be able to start the download and what time it will actually be playable?

Both times will possibly be exactly the same, as the biggest download happens inside the sim during initial setup after first starting it. So if we know the exact time, depending on where you live, you might to set up an alarm during the night to start up the sim so that the download is finished when you get up in the morning. 🙂

7 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

So as we are close now, I am wondering if anyone knows what time the release is going to happen.  I remember Microsoft advertising you will be able to pre-load the game if you pre-order it or get the Xbox Game Pass, but it seems that is not the case anymore?

At least in N.America, release will occur simultaneously at mid-night, Monday night east cost, 9PM west coast. Downloads begin for all at whatever rate that the servers allow. If things go as they often do now-a-days for any major console (PS4 and Xbox), my expectation is that after 10-20 gigs of download, we will all be able to start to play, but in a limited fashion. Maybe have a look and fly around Seattle/Renton and/or a limited European location, the remainder of the 125 gigs d/l'ing in the background.

United001 

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

10 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

the website says midnight on the 18th. Copied from this page....

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-flight-simulator-standard---preorder/9NXN8GF8N9HT?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Available on August 18, 2020, 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, united001 said:

At least in N.America, release will occur simultaneously at mid-night, Monday night east cost, 9PM west coast. Downloads begin for all at whatever rate that the servers allow. If things go as they often do now-a-days for any major console (PS4 and Xbox), my expectation is that after 10-20 gigs of download, we will all be able to start to play, but in a limited fashion. Maybe have a look and fly around Seattle/Renton and/or a limited European location, the remainder of the 125 gigs d/l'ing in the background.

United001 

We can probably expect the DL to take a few hours. I am going to start at midnight, go to bed and hopefully when I wake at 7 it will be done LOL

Just now, nigelmcelwee said:

We can probably expect the DL to take a few hours. I am going to start at midnight, go to bed and hopefully when I wake at 7 it will be done LOL

Same here. The two largest d/l's I have done in past years are Destiny and MLB, The Show, each at about 50 GIGs. Those d/l's took me around 5 hours. Unless Microsoft servers allow for a much better rate, I'm afraid that we'll need the lion's share of 9-10 hours. Hopefully not. I would be gladly mistaken on this point. Anyone care to tell me that I'm daft?

United001 

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

7 minutes ago, united001 said:

Same here. The two largest d/l's I have done in past years are Destiny and MLB, The Show, each at about 50 GIGs. Those d/l's took me around 5 hours. Unless Microsoft servers allow for a much better rate, I'm afraid that we'll need the lion's share of 9-10 hours. Hopefully not. I would be gladly mistaken on this point. Anyone care to tell me that I'm daft?

United001 

im with you on that. 125 GB download and how many thousand are going to hit the servers at the same time?  I wish it was 12 am by time zone...to spread it out a bit. I dont care that my UK brothers get it before me...as long as my DL speeds are good.