Sign in to follow this  
Stoopy

Recommended Vectors for sightseeing, Without Spoilers

Although it's a huge world with plenty to see and so much great scenery to discover, there are so many videos coming out now prior to release, with surely many more after, that I've stopped watching them only because I want to discover and see as many of the cool sights for myself without a YouTuber spoiling the surprise.

If any of you feel likewise, instead of posting a video or screenshot, maybe we could just have a thread here to post up some simple description with directions to an interesting find or scenic area that you feel is worth sharing with others.  Just the basics, and leave it to the reader to take off and see for themselves.  We could end up with quite a bucket list of flights to try!

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

•  ICAO code for the nearest airport to start from
  • Heading or route to fly with distance or a destination airfield / intersection, etc, 
  • Any recommended altitude, time of day and/or aircraft that could factor in to the experience (optional)
  • Maybe a simple subtle hint or description of what to look for or what makes this vector special (also optional)

For example:
0O2 (Baker) to L09 via L06 heading approx 300, mid-morning, wx of your choice, Cub or other short-field A/C, bring some water!

And after flying a suggested vector or route, come back here and give it an Upvote or Like if you thought it was worthwhile, so we start building a rating system of sorts.  

Whattaya think?

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Furnace Creek (L06) is cool (well, figuratively) but you may have a problem trying to land there.  Try it anyway as it's worth it if you make it. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

What's the UK ( not really UK but a Crown Dependency) Channel Islands like? Sark, Herm, Alderney, Guernsey, Jersey? I guess I'll find out in a few days but just wondered if anyone with the sim now has flown over my beloved region. 

Edited by martin-w

55 minutes ago, lopentan said:

If you want to try nice places of the world, curios airfields etc. try this

That’s a fantastic site, thanks!

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU