Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

How Long Are You Thinking Of Delaying Your Purchase?

Currently, I don't have the hardware to run MSFS 2020, but I'll be putting together a new rig beginning of next year. Will be purchasing MSFS 2020 in January/February 2021.

For those folks not buying on release day, what's your estimated table for purchasing MSFS 2020?

• Like 1

Until there are helicopters and VR (and probably DirectX 12).

1 - 2 years? 

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

When it gets DX12 I'll have to stop flying it.

I don't have a time frame for purchase, just whenever I decide from what I read in the media.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

i refunded my copy last week and will wait for payware aircraft/airliners and the new RTX 3080 cards.....i still think my 16gb, i7, 2080 is too weak for a new Microsoft Flight Sim.....just look at fsx/p3d.....ppl still can't fully run the old sims with 2020 tech👍

Edited by Martin Byrde

I have an i7 4970K with a GTX970, 16G of Ram and a HDD, not an SSD. I have been alpha/beta testing since April and loving the platform for what it offers and what it will offer. As a tester, I know that the upcoming release will be far from perfect, but I will be purchasing the sim when I find out the ramifications of buying through the MS Store or through Steam. So I will probably wait a day or two. 

My main concern is I want access to the underlying files that we have grown to love, which allow us to tweak. I have heard from a couple of people that it is likely that the Steam version allows that, but the version that would be purchased via the MS Store would have many files encrypted and not accessible. I will wait until others get their hands on both version and see what they have to say. 

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

2 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

My main concern is I want access to the underlying files that we have grown to love, which allow us to tweak.

I was able to tweak files in the Beta.  It's likely you'll be able to do the same in the release version.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Since my old system won't run the new sim, it's useless to buy it now. I am waiting for the new nvidia cards and will see if I can affort them. They will give out some official information on the 1st of September. Then I will decide what to do. What I can say for sure is: I am not gonna wait until next year. Just not possible.

I will wait until we have study level products such as PMDG/FSL/A2A, etc. available. The default aircraft just dont cut it for me, the scenery, weather environment, etc. is amazing and a leap forward for our hobby, but I am in no rush and I will continue enjoying my current sim... 

John

• Upvote 2

On a Tuesday 0246Z...maybe 0258Z depending on if my kids are in bed yet. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Chris

Unfortunately don't have the rig to run it right now, even on medium settings. Think I'll be waiting till the new year and for the 3000 series GPU to drop, hopefully the Ryzen 4000 CPUs have released by then too. 

No doubt they'll be a few more updates and patches by then that the sim will be far more optimised and they've ironed out more issues.

Edited by AllRed

I was going to wait until some videos came out of the deluxe version & the 787.

Those have come out and I am very excited by the 787 so I will pre-order very soon!

How Long Are You Thinking Of Delaying Your Purchase?

Indefinitely. My current boredom with flight simulation does not help, and neither do the arcade style streams and YouTube movies that I have seen to date :dry:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Indefinitely. My current boredom with flight simulation does not help, and neither do the arcade style streams and YouTube movies that I have seen to date :dry:

Spot-on, Christopher. With you on that score.

I’m working away ‘till the end of the month, so sometime in September. Kinda useful to see how things pan out and get some feedback. I really want to see what the handcrafted Dubai and Heathrow look like before choosing which version to buy. The thought of no PMDG ‘till next year is a bit of a reality check as well. 

JH.