Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Yoke Pre-order questions

I have not received my "order placement" e-mail yet, should I be worried?

thank you

No I talked to Chris and I am still a few weeks out before I get my E-mail. Just relax(Yea right!!!) the E-mail will arrive when your unit is ready😥

Asus ROG  Strix x 470-f, Ryzen 2700X,Flare X (4x8)3200 CL14 ,EVGA  GTX 1070 Ti, 970 EVO 500GB  NVMe, 860 EVO 1TB, 860 EVO 2TB,Seasonic TX-850, Hauppauge 1 HVR-1265, LG  27UK650-W 4K Monitor

Yes, no need to be worried. We are working through as fast as possible but it will still take a while. Sorry.

We also monitor the uptake of order placement versus invitation emails so if spam filters catch it then you will get another email or message here or Facebook notifying you. Still over a month of back orders yet so don't worry.

Chris

Any chance of posting a ‘now serving ... preorders placed on <date>’

I don't think that exposes any commercially sensitive info?

For everyone else, I know you cant have reached 2020-08-20 yet...

13 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Could one of you please tell me

It looks like the inside measurement of the C clamp is 7.5 cm and the screw length is 11 cm, that’s with the resolution of my measuring ability, it maybe a millimetre or so either side.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

12 hours ago, edvb said:

No I talked to Chris and I am still a few weeks out before I get my E-mail. Just relax(Yea right!!!) the E-mail will arrive when your unit is ready😥

6 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Yes, no need to be worried. We are working through as fast as possible but it will still take a while. Sorry.

We also monitor the uptake of order placement versus invitation emails so if spam filters catch it then you will get another email or message here or Facebook notifying you. Still over a month of back orders yet so don't worry.

Chris

😌 Well, thank you!!

Has anyone tried the yoke with MSFS? Any setup or compatibility issues?
I'll be using it 90% of the time in P3D, but it would be good to know that it plays nicely with the new sim.

I'm eagerly awating my 'order placement' email too. This would be a substantial upgrade on my previous CH Products FS Yoke.

Repeatedly hitting F5 doesn't seem to make it appear any quicker. Who knew? 🤷‍♂️

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

@F737NG, I'm afraid not, just P3D v3 and v4. In those sims it integrates seamlessly. Just one test flight after spending time assigning commands to the buttons etc.

The sensitivity of the elevator is transformed with the Fulcrum. I've just completed a test flight in the PC12 and rotation was ultra smooth. You barely notice the aircraft leaving the runway. And you need to pull back far more as the axis is so long compared to the Saitek which is just a toy in comparison.

On landing it will take a little while to unlearn my Saitek habits but again, you have so much sensitivity to play with as the Fulcrum has 4" of travel either side of the centre point. Compare that with less than 2" on the Saitek.

It's instructive to view the elevator via spot view when on the ground. As you push and pull the yoke elevator axis the PC12's elevator moves ever so smoothly. On the Saitek the movement was jerky and very coarse.

With only a couple of test flights under my belt I need more time to perfect using it but compared to the Saitek it's the real deal. A very happy customer.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Has anyone tried the yoke with MSFS? Any setup or compatibility issues?
I'll be using it 90% of the time in P3D, but it would be good to know that it plays nicely with the new sim.

I'm eagerly awating my 'order placement' email too. This would be a substantial upgrade on my previous CH Products FS Yoke.

Repeatedly hitting F5 doesn't seem to make it appear any quicker. Who knew? 🤷‍♂️

It will work fine. It’s driverless, just like usb sound-cards, or Leo Bodnar joystick boards (for the home brew cockpit makers) meaning it uses a standard interface.

...I will be using it to pilot a Tie Fighter in SW Squadrons even 😁.

Just make sure the response curves are to your tastes (preferably linear!! FYI MS FS 2020 has some issues around that, but thats for a MSFS2020 forum ...)

I will be using it in x-plane, it will work but there will be no custome nice graphics of it ... yet, i expect.

• Like 1

Thanks for another positive comment Ray! Glad you like it.

Regarding compatibility, yes any game that sees usb controllers. I've even flown a freighter in Elite Dangerous in VR!

In Xplane and Prepared you should set it to linear with zero dead zone to get a true 1:1 movement between on screen yoke and the physical one.

In the new flight simulator this isn't quite right as the default planes are generally too sensitive. I'd expect this to get patched soon.

Even when set to linear there seems to be a hidden response curve as the screen yoke does not match the real one. I found I had to turn it down by 50 percent to actually make the response linear. Then just ignore or turn off the on screen yoke.

Regarding pictures and default control profiles, I already have one for xplane but am working with them to get it into the sim. We have just signed an NDA with Microsoft to allow us to work together to get the yoke fully integrated. That's about all I can say on that one. For now though you can just manually configure the controls.

Chris

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jon b said:

It looks like the inside measurement of the C clamp is 7.5 cm and the screw length is 11 cm, that’s with the resolution of my measuring ability, it maybe a millimetre or so either side.

Thanks, much appreciated.🙂

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

12 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Still over a month of back orders yet ...

Chris,

based on that comment (and assuming the Covid situation doesn't cause even more issues!), would you then expect new orders after that "over a month" to be fulfilled more or less immediately or would there still be a significant lead time from order placement to dispatch? Are you planning on keeping a small stock on location or will they be made to order (perhaps in batches)?

Things are obviously very fluid in the world, so no way would I hold you to any answer you give now for something more than 4 weeks away!

My frustrations at getting even an 'upper entry level' yoke are dragging on so long that I may be able to justify the extra expense for your more advanced design before too long.😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

@109Sqn, having tried the Honeycomb at Cosford and now the Fulcrum at home I can honestly say the Fulcrum wins hands down. The Honeycomb still has limited travel not much different to the Saitek.

Also, the Fulcrum requires no drivers unlike the Honeycomb. More expensive of course but with Hall Effect sensors there’s nothing that will wear out.

Instead of an “upper entry level” yoke go for a top class one that satisfies a real-world 747 pilot. 👍 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Once pre orders are satisfied the plan is to keep them as a stock item to be dispatched within a day of ordering. However, at the moment that would depend on future volumes versus the restrictions on throughput  that we are currently seeing.

Yokes are made in batches because the metalwork and electronics are ordered that way but at the moment it is more of a continuous process of trying to keep the parts flowing in.

@Ray Proudfoot I am (slowly) coming round to your way of thinking, even if the 'ecosystem' of matching components appeals to me. Actually, one thing in particular which I would say is in the Fulcrum's favour, even without personal experience of either product, is the use of springs over bungees. A quality spring should respond more consistently over time than a bungee.