Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Yoke Pre-order questions

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is worth the wait.

Thanks. Can you tell me the approximate time from the initial pre-request to payment, to ship & delivery? Unfortunately, patience is not one of my strong points. 

12 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Thanks. Can you tell me the approximate time from the initial pre-request to payment, to ship & delivery? Unfortunately, patience is not one of my strong points. 

Hi Les

It is pretty hard to predict at the moment. It is different for  everyone who has ordered because the way orders come in ebbs and flows then you overlay availability of parts to us and it is very hard to say. Look at the trouble everyone from graphics card companies to car makers and everyone in between is having with the shortage of silicon chips. Fortunately we have some but things are slower than we want. I am going to stick my neck out and say that yours will be around another 6 weeks. This is based on a variety of factors and will have some pretty big error bars attached to it.

Hope that helps

Chris

See Les, I told you weeks ago to get your order on. Did you listen to me? Oh no.

Just joshin' wich yoo. 😁

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

53 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Hi Les

It is pretty hard to predict at the moment. It is different for  everyone who has ordered because the way orders come in ebbs and flows then you overlay availability of parts to us and it is very hard to say. Look at the trouble everyone from graphics card companies to car makers and everyone in between is having with the shortage of silicon chips. Fortunately we have some but things are slower than we want. I am going to stick my neck out and say that yours will be around another 6 weeks. This is based on a variety of factors and will have some pretty big error bars attached to it.

Hope that helps

Chris

Chris, thanks for the info. I'm well aware of the global silicon chip and semi-conductor issues. Hopefully, you and Ron can pressure Biden/Johnson whilst they are together in the UK. 

Anyway, 6 weeks is much better than 6 months which is what I feared. 

Thanks again. 

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is worth the wait.

Seconded!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 6/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, aviatoralb said:

If you havent gotten the email to pay for the yoke, unfortunately you are in for a pretty long wait. I preordered back in january, and am still waiting on mine. Hopefully the backlog will clear and you wont have to wait too many months. 

I too ordered in Jan, hoping to hear something in the near future 🤞🏻

On 6/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, Les Parson said:

Hopefully, you and Ron can pressure Biden/Johnson whilst they are together in the UK. 

You can't pressure soft tissue. It slips between your fingers.

EDIT: The feeling you get when entering the flare and you just keep pulling and pulling. *Sigh*

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, philaldred said:

I too ordered in Jan, hoping to hear something in the near future 🤞🏻

four weeks ago chris said 4-6 weeks till i get the email. still nothing yet but hopefully will get it soon 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

four weeks ago chris said 4-6 weeks till i get the email. still nothing yet but hopefully will get it soon 

Do you mean the email for payment? 

14 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Do you mean the email for payment? 

Yes. Hopefully dispatch will be quick as well as shipping. 

Update: Yoke arrived today and is mostly fantastic. Took about a week from purchasing to getting the yoke. shipping was quick to NW USA. However, the shaft seems to be rubbing on something around the center position. There appears to be a scratch on the shaft in the center as well. There also is a small amount of play in the shaft especially when moving the handle up and down. Hopefully it is a loose bolt or something that goes away as the yoke is used. Has anyone encountered the same issues?

6 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

However, the shaft seems to be rubbing on something around the center position.

Do you have the rubbing sound when turning the handle (roll axis)? If yes, it's not a problem- the roll axis loading spring coils are rubbing against each other when the shaft is turned, producing this sound; it doesn't influence the performance.

6 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

There also is a small amount of play in the shaft especially when moving the handle up and down.

Again, a small amount of shaft play is unavoidable with the pitch travel distance as big as Fulcrum provides, and the vertical play should be bigger than the lateral one. Too tight tolerances in the bearings may lead to jamming the shaft at the extremes of pitch/ roll travel. 

Still I would suggest that you ask Chris about your concerns (most probably he'll answer here)- his customer support is fantastic!

8 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

Update: Yoke arrived today and is mostly fantastic. Took about a week from purchasing to getting the yoke. shipping was quick to NW USA. However, the shaft seems to be rubbing on something around the center position. There appears to be a scratch on the shaft in the center as well. There also is a small amount of play in the shaft especially when moving the handle up and down. Hopefully it is a loose bolt or something that goes away as the yoke is used. Has anyone encountered the same issues?

Hi

Glad it turned up ok, but I'm sorry that you have some issues. Rest assured that we will address these asap. I have your contact email too and will respond through there and then provide an update here as well.

Chris

15 hours ago, SergeyPe said:

Do you have the rubbing sound when turning the handle (roll axis)? If yes, it's not a problem- the roll axis loading spring coils are rubbing against each other when the shaft is turned, producing this sound; it doesn't influence the performance.

Again, a small amount of shaft play is unavoidable with the pitch travel distance as big as Fulcrum provides, and the vertical play should be bigger than the lateral one. Too tight tolerances in the bearings may lead to jamming the shaft at the extremes of pitch/ roll travel. 

Still I would suggest that you ask Chris about your concerns (most probably he'll answer here)- his customer support is fantastic!

Thanks for the info. Only rubbing in the pitch axis. The play in the shaft is certainly abnormal and causing the yoke to rub on something. When pulling the yoke to its maximum on the pitch axis, it only rebounds once. Other videos on the internet show it rebounding several times. The worst part is that the rubbing causes the yoke to not center properly, making small movements difficult in the middle. Anyways, box did not arrive in good shape so i am led to believe this was caused somehow in shipping. Chris promptly responded to my email, and a replacement will be sent out next week.