Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Yoke Pre-order questions

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is worth the wait.

Thanks. Can you tell me the approximate time from the initial pre-request to payment, to ship & delivery? Unfortunately, patience is not one of my strong points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Thanks. Can you tell me the approximate time from the initial pre-request to payment, to ship & delivery? Unfortunately, patience is not one of my strong points. 

Hi Les

It is pretty hard to predict at the moment. It is different for  everyone who has ordered because the way orders come in ebbs and flows then you overlay availability of parts to us and it is very hard to say. Look at the trouble everyone from graphics card companies to car makers and everyone in between is having with the shortage of silicon chips. Fortunately we have some but things are slower than we want. I am going to stick my neck out and say that yours will be around another 6 weeks. This is based on a variety of factors and will have some pretty big error bars attached to it.

Hope that helps

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Hi Les

It is pretty hard to predict at the moment. It is different for  everyone who has ordered because the way orders come in ebbs and flows then you overlay availability of parts to us and it is very hard to say. Look at the trouble everyone from graphics card companies to car makers and everyone in between is having with the shortage of silicon chips. Fortunately we have some but things are slower than we want. I am going to stick my neck out and say that yours will be around another 6 weeks. This is based on a variety of factors and will have some pretty big error bars attached to it.

Hope that helps

Chris

Chris, thanks for the info. I'm well aware of the global silicon chip and semi-conductor issues. Hopefully, you and Ron can pressure Biden/Johnson whilst they are together in the UK. 

Anyway, 6 weeks is much better than 6 months which is what I feared. 

Thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is worth the wait.

Seconded!


OS:     Win10 Home
Mobo: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi; CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Matisse) 3.6 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32Gb (2x 16GB) 3600 MHz.GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB]
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, one for scenery)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (for Data); Seagate 1TB (for other Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, aviatoralb said:

If you havent gotten the email to pay for the yoke, unfortunately you are in for a pretty long wait. I preordered back in january, and am still waiting on mine. Hopefully the backlog will clear and you wont have to wait too many months. 

I too ordered in Jan, hoping to hear something in the near future 🤞🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, Les Parson said:

Hopefully, you and Ron can pressure Biden/Johnson whilst they are together in the UK. 

You can't pressure soft tissue. It slips between your fingers.

EDIT: The feeling you get when entering the flare and you just keep pulling and pulling. *Sigh*

Edited by Ron Attwood

New World Order. Coming along nicely eh? 😏

My Paints On MediaFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, philaldred said:

I too ordered in Jan, hoping to hear something in the near future 🤞🏻

four weeks ago chris said 4-6 weeks till i get the email. still nothing yet but hopefully will get it soon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

four weeks ago chris said 4-6 weeks till i get the email. still nothing yet but hopefully will get it soon 

Do you mean the email for payment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Do you mean the email for payment? 

Yes. Hopefully dispatch will be quick as well as shipping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Yoke arrived today and is mostly fantastic. Took about a week from purchasing to getting the yoke. shipping was quick to NW USA. However, the shaft seems to be rubbing on something around the center position. There appears to be a scratch on the shaft in the center as well. There also is a small amount of play in the shaft especially when moving the handle up and down. Hopefully it is a loose bolt or something that goes away as the yoke is used. Has anyone encountered the same issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

However, the shaft seems to be rubbing on something around the center position.

Do you have the rubbing sound when turning the handle (roll axis)? If yes, it's not a problem- the roll axis loading spring coils are rubbing against each other when the shaft is turned, producing this sound; it doesn't influence the performance.

6 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

There also is a small amount of play in the shaft especially when moving the handle up and down.

Again, a small amount of shaft play is unavoidable with the pitch travel distance as big as Fulcrum provides, and the vertical play should be bigger than the lateral one. Too tight tolerances in the bearings may lead to jamming the shaft at the extremes of pitch/ roll travel. 

Still I would suggest that you ask Chris about your concerns (most probably he'll answer here)- his customer support is fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

Update: Yoke arrived today and is mostly fantastic. Took about a week from purchasing to getting the yoke. shipping was quick to NW USA. However, the shaft seems to be rubbing on something around the center position. There appears to be a scratch on the shaft in the center as well. There also is a small amount of play in the shaft especially when moving the handle up and down. Hopefully it is a loose bolt or something that goes away as the yoke is used. Has anyone encountered the same issues?

Hi

Glad it turned up ok, but I'm sorry that you have some issues. Rest assured that we will address these asap. I have your contact email too and will respond through there and then provide an update here as well.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SergeyPe said:

Do you have the rubbing sound when turning the handle (roll axis)? If yes, it's not a problem- the roll axis loading spring coils are rubbing against each other when the shaft is turned, producing this sound; it doesn't influence the performance.

Again, a small amount of shaft play is unavoidable with the pitch travel distance as big as Fulcrum provides, and the vertical play should be bigger than the lateral one. Too tight tolerances in the bearings may lead to jamming the shaft at the extremes of pitch/ roll travel. 

Still I would suggest that you ask Chris about your concerns (most probably he'll answer here)- his customer support is fantastic!

Thanks for the info. Only rubbing in the pitch axis. The play in the shaft is certainly abnormal and causing the yoke to rub on something. When pulling the yoke to its maximum on the pitch axis, it only rebounds once. Other videos on the internet show it rebounding several times. The worst part is that the rubbing causes the yoke to not center properly, making small movements difficult in the middle. Anyways, box did not arrive in good shape so i am led to believe this was caused somehow in shipping. Chris promptly responded to my email, and a replacement will be sent out next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...