Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Yoke Pre-order questions

4 hours ago, ark said:

Does the shipping cost drop much if it took a week to 10 days or so to get to the US, but still was tracked and insured?

Thx,

Al

There is no week to 10 days option with UPS, it is either a couple of days or really really fast for even crazier money. We spoke to a lot of carriers and the best overall service, integration, speed and cost was UPS. They are not the cheapest but they are very fast and provide a good service globally.

• Like 1

@Manny, @anyonethinkingaboutit, all i can say to convince you, is that as soon as i started real training in a PA28, i had to make several changes to my setup: to get good landing practice that translated to useful experience in a real cockpit:

My saitek (cessna) yoke needed:

• Longer travel
  • No more signal-noise on the elevator axis.
  • Less of a detent.

X-plane also needed:

• Runway numbers that were actual size (a long standing x-plane problem for smaller airports)

Here’s a short vid of my Heath Robinson solution

https://imgur.com/a/eB8n10X

After a furniture upgrade, I now need the Fulcrum - and its going to be at least as good, if not a *little* bit better!

Tutmeister Chris is the first yoke maker (that I’ve seen) who listed all the same motivations as me.

Runway numbers i ‘helped’ by adding a font-system to my WED-O-Maker program (tool to help x-plane’s crowd-sourced airport contributors)

Edited by NathanS

Chris,

I also have one question as I live in Pennsylvania 16421 that has sales tax of 6% so wonder if that will be charged?

I have done a rough conversion to dollars and here are my numbers including my sales tax.

Yoke          $466.05

Shipping    $93.22

Sales Tax  $27.97

Total          $587.25

I am certainly ready to purchase whenever Chris finishes up the remaining few details.

Thanks Bill

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

28 minutes ago, sparker256 said:

I also have one question as I live in Pennsylvania 16421 that has sales tax of 6% so wonder if that will be charged?

I have done a rough conversion to dollars and here are my numbers including my sales tax.

Yoke          $466.05

Shipping    $93.22

Sales Tax  $27.97

Total          $587.25

Your figures look about right, regarding the sales tax, we only charge 20% VAT on items within the EU. Outside of the EU, any import duty or sales tax is usually charged in the destination country.

With UPS their Brokerage team contact you if there is any duty due to be paid before delivery.

Chris

On 9/9/2020 at 1:14 AM, tutmeister said:

Hi Al, currently UPS are charging £72 to either of those locations. Not cheap but the box is large (61cm x 27cm x 29cm) and it weighs 8Kg. It is tracked and insured and will take 3 days to get there.

Regards

Would you be using UPS for freight to Australia? Can we get a rough estimate of shipping to an Australian address ?

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Would you be using UPS for freight to Australia? Can we get a rough estimate of shipping to an Australian address ?

Hi Glenn we are using UPS for all deliveries. Either say which town or email us directly at enquiries@fulcrumsim.com.

Chris

On 9/7/2020 at 11:55 PM, ark said:

Fortunately, unlike some others perhaps, I won't have to change my name!  😉

It would be helpful to a couple of us if you could you please estimate the yoke shipping charges to USA zip codes 80919 and 78023.

Thx.

Al

Hi Al, due to increased numbers of shipping we will be putting through we have renegotiated with UPS and a quote for today would get a yoke to Colorado for £58 and take 3 days. Obviously this will fluctuate due to exchange rate but hope fully that is more agreeable!

On 9/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, Ron Attwood said:

I wasn't concerned about me, it's those poor Americans I feel for. 🤠

Ron, you dont need to worry about the Americans as much. It is now only 12 times what it was 60 years ago.

Chris

7 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Hi Al, due to increased numbers of shipping we will be putting through we have renegotiated with UPS and a quote for today would get a yoke to Colorado for £58 and take 3 days. Obviously this will fluctuate due to exchange rate but hope fully that is more agreeable!

Thanks Chris, that certainly helps.

Al

8 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Ron, you dont need to worry about the Americans as much. It is now only 12 times what it was 60 years ago.

Chris

I went to California in 1976 $2 to the £! I was LOADED. 😄 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I went to California in 1976 $2 to the £! I was LOADED. 😄 

Ha yes we had a florida trip in 2008 when it was $2/£1 but now our stuff seems cheap to the whole world!

Any yokes shipped yet, isn't much of September left! 😁

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

33 minutes ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Shut up! I'm still saving up. 😏

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

I'm also burning to know that 🤩

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link