Sign in to follow this  
raptor1

Will a Saitek AV8R-01 work in FS2020?

I also have that.

It will surely work. Being old it will likely have no default recognition/bindings in the game and we just might have to manually do/review controls assignments.

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

I just installed FS 2020 and my Saitek AV8R-01 isn't found in the sim.

I'm very frustrated ,What  can I do to fix this problem?  

Just tried mine in FS2020 and Marco was correct about recognition.  I set it up but at least on first try could not control a C-172 on takeoff.  I checked the calibration and was Ok.  While calibration sprung back to neutral normally on all axis, the C-172 flight controls did not for some reason when watching the control from an external view.   Just a first go at it, but I have been flying FS for decades and this is a first.

Just sorted things out with the Saitex.  If you program correctly works-flies correctly.

Hi, I'm new here. I also have this joystick, and I got it to *mostly* work with MSFS2020 by manually configuring it.  The one area I had trouble with is the throttle - MSFS doesn't allow you to select an axis for the throttle, just button-type inputs.  So I don't have that quite worked out yet.  Any suggestions for getting the throttle to work better would be most appreciated.  Thanks!

Summer

@Summer Zeev    Odd choice for a screen name (he said).  Sounds like an advertisement for a feminine hygiene product!  Oh, well, carry on! 🤔

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

JimG, 

How did you get it to work?  I'm not having much luck with FS2020 and my AV8R joystick... :(

@JimG: Would definitely like to know what you "sorted". I have the same problem you did -- with the Saitek AV8R, all control inputs are "all or none" (even though this is not the case during the calibration).

Hot diggety -- I got it figured out (I think). Instead of setting your AV8R to "throttle up" and "throttle down", "roll left" and "roll right", etc., define the "throttle axis", aileron axis, etc. Can't get the left throttle slider to work (it's defined as the same axis as twisting the stick), so the throttle is my right slider, and I guess I'll have to control mixture with the mouse or keyboard. But, instead of being completely out of control, I actually got a successful flight from NZTO to NZHN!

The switches (T1 through T8) work as expected -- defined them to whatever functions you like (I used them for flaps, trim, landing gear, parking brake, and spoilers).

Edited by Lieuallen
Clarification

Had the same old driver issue where every so often I lose the right side of the rudder on the AV8R-01.  Manually mapping worked for everything else. I've had one crash after pluggin in.